Calendar Printer issues (Urgent)

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
gsgag

Calendar Printer issues (Urgent)

Post by gsgag »

I know tech. support is working on the problem - here is more insight:
viewing the calendar is not a problem: the problem is when printing the system convert to PDF format and the system seems to filter aspects of it --- the more specific problem is: if multiple events are schedule on the same day same time . . . the PDF will only show one event at that time. Ex.: if an event (one building) is sched. at 6pm and 3 events sched. at 7pm -- the PDF will show 2 events - the one at 6pm the other (1 of 3) at 7pm!!
I thought PDF was just a copy of the actual "document" to print - why does it filter anything?
Gilles Gagnon (Albany, NY)
lisaan
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by lisaan »

I edited your post to remove your phone number. This is public forum so we advise not posting private information. Another thread mentions this work-around. Give it a try and see if it works for you:

"...changing the beginning times by 1 minute does work. But that has the disadvantage that the printed events look strange; for example, one beginning at 6 pm and the next one at 6:01 pm. I found, however, that changing the seconds of the beginning times does work. For example, the first event begins at 6:00 pm, the next one at 6:00:01 pm, the next at 6:00:02 pm" https://tech.lds.org/forum/showthread.p ... #post96475
QA Engineer
dshep2020

Post by dshep2020 »

LisaAn wrote:I edited your post to remove your phone number. This is public forum so we advise not posting private information. Another thread mentions this work-around. Give it a try and see if it works for you:

Really? Modifying the start times is the recommended work around? Do we have an ETA on when this will actually get fixed? This is causing a huge amount of frustration in our stake as the stake and wards leaders review the upcoming 2013 calendars....which are mostly printed for agendas. I have received a lot of pushback when suggesting that events need to be adjusted by a second to get them to show up on the printed calendar. Has development really slowed that we can't get an ETA for a fix?

Don't mean to sound harsh, just really surprised.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Many others have asked for a ETA. None has been given. The developers are working on many different projects with the priorities set by the Priesthood Department. They'll get to it eventually, but we do not have an ETA.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
goodsdm

Really needs to be a priority

Post by goodsdm »

dshepher wrote:Really? Modifying the start times is the recommended work around? Do we have an ETA on when this will actually get fixed? This is causing a huge amount of frustration in our stake as the stake and wards leaders review the upcoming 2013 calendars....which are mostly printed for agendas. I have received a lot of pushback when suggesting that events need to be adjusted by a second to get them to show up on the printed calendar. Has development really slowed that we can't get an ETA for a fix?

Don't mean to sound harsh, just really surprised.
Just finished modifying our Stake Calendar using the work around. This really seems to be a big problem. Just adding to the chorus.
To be clear... Two events that are "all day events" show up fine on the screen, but only one event will print. So to print both, one has to become a timed event as though it were a meeting.
gxwheel

Post by gxwheel »

goodsdm wrote:Just adding to the chorus.
To be clear... Two events that are "all day events" show up fine on the screen, but only one event will print. So to print both, one has to become a timed event as though it were a meeting.
Also adding to the chorus.
The fact that this issue impacts "all day events" makes this a large issue for our stake (just confirmed this via a test download of the calender as PDF).
We print the calender for our members without online access (there are quite a few) and ask wards to hang them on the (traditional) bulletin boards.
Düsseldorf, Germany

Return to “Calendar”