calendar printing errors

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

jaubron wrote:Has anyone figured a work-around for multiple all-day events (other than simply giving them times :))?

Not so far. I suppose you could leave the most important one as an all-day event and just set times for the others, but in reality, that would be a tough decision to make. Or throw "All Day" into the title and start them at 1:00:01 am and change the seconds for each one. At least they would print at the top of the day that way.
alyce

Bob

Post by alyce »

LisaAn wrote:This is a known issue. The problem is the number of events. If there are too many events on the calendar, then some of the events get dropped when printing to PDF. The work around is to un-check some of the calendars which will eliminate some of the events that are shown. I've only seen this when I had a test calendars that had 3 events each day and I tried to print a week. How many events do you have on your calendars when you see the problem?
I believe we have found a solution. When you have two events at the same time, say 7:00pm. On the second event add :01 to the time (7:00:01) This makes the computer think that it starts a second later. This will the allow the calendar to print the previously omitted calendar item. If you have two items that are all day events, do the same thing. The solution should work until the program is fixed.
jhowell2000

Post by jhowell2000 »

alyce wrote:I believe we have found a solution. When you have two events at the same time, say 7:00pm. On the second event add :01 to the time (7:00:01) This makes the computer think that it starts a second later. This will the allow the calendar to print the previously omitted calendar item. If you have two items that are all day events, do the same thing. The solution should work until the program is fixed.
Events with start times it works to add seconds (7:00:01, 7:00:02 ...) but all day events don't have a time to adjust seconds. Have to do what is listed in post #51.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

alyce wrote:I believe we have found a solution.
This was posted in post #36.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
twoodall

Post by twoodall »

cdurney wrote:Thanks for the good tip. I found that changing the ending times does not work, but changing the beginning times by 1 minute does work. But that has the disadvantage that the printed events look strange; for example, one beginning at 6 pm and the next one at 6:01 pm. I found, however, that changing the seconds of the beginning times does work. For example, the first event begins at 6:00 pm, the next one at 6:00:01 pm, the next at 6:00:02 pm, etc. Just type these into the beginning time slot. The printed copy shows all these beginning at 6 pm, and all the events are printed. Also, the events will be ordered in the calendar according to the beginning times in seconds. It took me less than an hour to modify the events with the same beginning times for a whole year in my stake calendar by adding seconds appropriately to the beginning times.

I haven't found a solution to having two all-day events on the same day, except to specify a beginning time for one of them.

How do you enter seconds? The interface only allows options from the list that pops up when you click in the field. (I'm using safari) Thanks.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

You can manually type in the times you want. Just make sure you use the proper format - hh:mm:ss am/pm.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
twoodall

Re:

Post by twoodall »

jdlessley wrote:You can manually type in the times you want. Just make sure you use the proper format - hh:mm:ss am/pm.
That doesn't work. I don't know if it's the browser or what, but anything you manually enter is replaced by one of items in the list. So...has anyone gotten it to work via safari?
twoodall

Re: Re:

Post by twoodall »

twoodall wrote:
jdlessley wrote:You can manually type in the times you want. Just make sure you use the proper format - hh:mm:ss am/pm.
That doesn't work. I don't know if it's the browser or what, but anything you manually enter is replaced by one of items in the list. So...has anyone gotten it to work via safari?
Figured it out. You have to hit tab/next, not enter.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

twoodall wrote:Figured it out. You have to hit tab/next, not enter.
Or use you mouse pointer to select another user edit box or someplace other than the time box currently selected to remove the focus from the box.
JD Lessley
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: calendar printing errors

Post by aebrown »

The fix for this problem has now been deployed. See Calendar Updated to 2.2.2 rev 3570.

Return to “Calendar”