Printing the reservation calendar

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

• Make sure you are on the main calendar. Click on the "< Calendar" in the upper left if you are not.
  • Click on "Week". (Note that in week view you see reservations as well as all actives by location, which you do not see in month view.)
  • Adjust "Subscribed Calendars" and "Locations" as desired on the left.
  • Click on the wheel and select print.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
dnickolson

Printing Reservation Calendar

Post by dnickolson »

Is there someway I am missing that the RESERVATION calendar can be printed as a calendar and show what is scheduled in the building for the month (as a calendar view, not as a LIST of events)? Thanks
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Printing Reservation Calendar

Post by aebrown »

dnickolson wrote:Is there someway I am missing that the RESERVATION calendar can be printed as a calendar and show what is scheduled in the building for the month (as a calendar view, not as a LIST of events)? Thanks
[Moderator note: I moved this post into the existing topic for the issue.]

The simple answer is that there is no way to print the Reservation calendar itself. But if you review other posts in this topic, you'll see some possible workarounds.
mevans

Re: Printing the reservation calendar

Post by mevans »

jw060480 wrote:When someone calls to ask if a certain date is available
It sounds like you're still trying to schedule the building and people call you to do so? That concerns me. Make sure you understand the self-serve model set forth by the calendar. You mentioned you're aware of reservations, etc., so I trust that you understand this stuff. You joined a few months ago and haven't posted much, but if you've just been reading posts, you may be very aware of potential pitfalls.

But if you don't have an understanding of where you can get into trouble, I suggest starting a new thread to discuss how you're functioning as a building scheduler in your stake so people here can help you be successful. You're in the right place and there are helpful people here.
dnickolson

Post by dnickolson »

We need to be able to PRINT building calendar by month. Not all items we put on the building calendar (Restrictions I guess that link is called now) ALSO go on the Stake or Ward calendar (example - a wedding reception building held in the building, etc.) So we can't just add building event and time and rooms blocked off from adding the event to the stake or ward calendar only. I am the STAKE calendar, my wards calendar and the stake BUILDING scheduler so I see these problems all the time. Please - is there a way or can it be added to print the BUILDING calendar the same way you print the STAKE or WARD calendar? Thanks
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

dnickolson wrote:We need to be able to PRINT building calendar by month. Not all items we put on the building calendar (Restrictions I guess that link is called now) ALSO go on the Stake or Ward calendar (example - a wedding reception building held in the building, etc.) So we can't just add building event and time and rooms blocked off from adding the event to the stake or ward calendar only. I am the STAKE calendar, my wards calendar and the stake BUILDING scheduler so I see these problems all the time. Please - is there a way or can it be added to print the BUILDING calendar the same way you print the STAKE or WARD calendar? Thanks
You're welcome to make that request using the Feedback link on LDS.org. It will eventually get considered, and if it is deemed to be a valuable enhancement, prioritized with all the other work to be done.

However, I'm concerned that you seem to be using the Restrictions feature to book the building for a wedding reception or similar events. That's a bad idea, for several reasons. You should always use an event to book an actual event and schedule the building. Restrictions can be accidentally or intentionally overwritten by events, and restrictions that are added by a building scheduler do not do any conflict checking with existing events.

Restrictions should be used only for limiting the use of a building or rooms within a building during certain days/times to a certain ward, or for blocking out a section of time to be unavailable for scheduling by units. Used properly, Restrictions will almost always use a repeating rule -- if a Restriction is for only a single instance, that's generally an indication that an Event should be used instead.

If you follow the recommended course and use an Event for such things, I think you'll find that the regular calendar printing function is quite adequate.
dnickolson

Post by dnickolson »

However the only way to us an 'event' to schedule a bldg is by putting that 'event' on the calendar and then blocking that time for that event is that right? An a wedding is not an event I want on our calendar.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

dnickolson wrote:However the only way to us an 'event' to schedule a bldg is by putting that 'event' on the calendar and then blocking that time for that event is that right? An a wedding is not an event I want on our calendar.
If you don't want the event to show up on a public ward or stake calendar you can create a private calendar for such events and they will only be visible for those who have access to the private calendar. They will still reserve the building and they will show up in the week view when the building is checked but they will not give any details about the event.
dnickolson

Post by dnickolson »

That is an idea, I'll do that

Return to “Calendar”