Printing the reservation calendar

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
jw060480

Printing the reservation calendar

Post by jw060480 »

Right now, I see no way of printing the reservation calendar. As the my building's calendar scheduler, it would be nice to be able to print out a copy of the calendar showing what days are already scheduled. This would help especially when the calendar is down for maintenance.:confused:

Thank you,
John Pool
Alpine 8th Ward
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Hmmm. I hope you're not using "reservations" in place of events. That's a bad idea and can get you in trouble with double-booking. You might want to read the updated calendar help file.

By in large, reservations is only to block off "ward nights" such as "Ward A" gets the building on Tuesdays and "Ward B" get its on Wednesdays. It's just enforcing a prior agreement.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jw060480

Reference to Printing Reservations Calendar

Post by jw060480 »

I know the purpose of the Reservations calendar. However, I do not have access to other Ward's Calendar in my Stake. When someone calls to ask if a certain date is available, It would be easy to just look on a printed out copy of the reservation's calendar, instead of having to log in and then go to the reservation's calendar to find out. Especially on Sunday's or other times the calendar is down for maintenace, which causes a problem when I get calls, especially on Sundays.

All I'm asking is that the reservation's calendar be able to be printed out for quick reference.

Thank you,
John Pool
Building Scheduler
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

You can print from Week View. That will show all the events and reservations for the checked location.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

RussellHltn wrote:You can print from Week View. That will show all the events and reservations for the checked location.
Although the Week view shows all events and reservations for the checked locations, a printout of the week view only shows events on your own subscribed/displayed calendars. So that doesn't help.

You could use the browser print function to print what's displayed on the screen but in my experience the formatting comes out bad and you can only print the part of the day that is currently scrolled into view.
ramonc

Post by ramonc »

RussellHltn wrote:You can print from Week View. That will show all the events and reservations for the checked location.

When I am in Reservations, Week Mode, click on the "Settings Wheel" I do not have a Print Option. If I am in Calendar, I do hae a Print Option. Printing Resesrvations would be nice.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

ramonc wrote:When I am in Reservations, Week Mode, click on the "Settings Wheel" I do not have a Print Option. If I am in Calendar, I do hae a Print Option. Printing Resesrvations would be nice.

Understood. Week view gets you something now.

ramonc

Post by ramonc »

RussellHltn wrote:Understood. Week view gets you something now.
not sure what you mean by "something now", but I do not have an option to Print and that is waht I am looking for.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

ramonc wrote:not sure what you mean by "something now", but I do not have an option to Print and that is waht I am looking for.

I understand that. But that's weeks if not months away - if it ever happens.

Printing from week view is something you can do right now. It's not what you asked for, but it's a work around for now.

ramonc

Post by ramonc »

RussellHltn wrote:I understand that. But that's weeks if not months away - if it ever happens.

Printing from week view is something you can do right now. It's not what you asked for, but it's a work around for now.
Help me out here. I click on the Wheel, Select Reservations, I pick the building I want, I click on Week, I then see the week and the reservations. I Click on the Wheel, so I can Print. There is Not a Print option. what do I do to the "Printing from week view is something you can do right now" that you are telling me about?

Return to “Calendar”