sync won't work for Google Calendar or Apple iCal

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
david.dunston

Post by david.dunston »

RussellHltn wrote:Note that if you fail to wait 9 minutes from the last attempt, you'll get that same exact error. It sucks, but the validator has a very convoluted way of saying "it's a blank file".

Strangely enough, I get the same error even if I wait for more than 9 minutes. (multiple times)
david.dunston

Post by david.dunston »

RussellHltn wrote:Note that if you fail to wait 9 minutes from the last attempt, you'll get that same exact error. It sucks, but the validator has a very convoluted way of saying "it's a blank file".

Strangely enough, I get the same error even if I wait for longer than 9 minutes. (multiple times)
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Are you able to download the file by pasting the URL into your browser?

Have you turned off syncing for ALL of your devices using this URL?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
bbennion

Continued lack of sync ability from church to google calendars

Post by bbennion »

I have followed the thread and removed all but the churchwide calender.
I have used a new url link
I have waited more than 9 minutes between attempts.

The error is that the url does not contain a valid ical or gdata calendar.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

That seems to narrow down the possible problems. Is the ID 32 characters long?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
bbennion

Post by bbennion »

RussellHltn wrote:That seems to narrow down the possible problems. Is the ID 32 characters long?

Yes the final number is 32 characters long. Also pasting it into the address bar returns a blank page.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

bbennion wrote:Yes the final number is 32 characters long. Also pasting it into the address bar returns a blank page.

Now, assuming you've let 9 minutes elapse since the last attempt, you should get something in your browser. The prior complaint was that the URL wouldn't sync with Google even when the file downloaded via the browser could be imported to Google.

Note that the symptom of attempting to sync too soon is a blank file. You will get a http error, but may not notice that.

bbennion

Post by bbennion »

just pasted in the link again and nothing but a blank screen in my browser (firefox).
ramonc

Post by ramonc »

bbennion wrote:just pasted in the link again and nothing but a blank screen in my browser (firefox).

Just an FYI suggestion - I have the same problem where syncing does not work. You many want to try Windows Start Button, Computer, and paste your link in there at the top. That has worked for me in the past to get it to download a file. You may need to create a new sync URL.
mas288

Please help!!

Post by mas288 »

The Sync function for Outlook is not working for me - I get a message back that tells me that the link isn't valid. I need this to work ASAP. Please, what is wrong??!!?

Return to “Calendar”