Can not set hours

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
Mrx99

Can not set hours

Post by Mrx99 »

The calendar will let me set the start time of a two day event but it will not let me give end times if the event is more than one day. I could only place the start time of day one and the end time of day two so to save confusion I noted the events as day long and noted the start and stop times in the description. This needs to be fixed.
Thanks, Mrx
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Remember that the start/stop is for a single "episode" of the event. The event will be continuous from start to stop.

What you need to do is set the start/end for the first day only, and then set it as a repeating event.

So if you wanted a event that ran from 8AM to 4PM on the 4th and 5th, on the left hand side you set Start: 4th, 8AM, End: 4th 4PM. And then making it a daily repeating event that ends on the 5th.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

RussellHltn wrote:Remember that the start/stop is for a single "episode" of the event. The event will be continuous from start to stop.
I think Mrx99 is talking about a single event that spans more than one day. An example is a Scout campout. I was able to create a multiple day spanning event. But because the "All day event" is checked by default when the "New Event" window is displayed I had to first uncheck that box before trying to enter an end date. Any attempts to create an event spanning multiple days without unchecking that box is futile. Any change in either the start date or the end date causes the other to set to the same date. This is by design for an all-day event.

So the solution for Mrx99 is to uncheck "All day event" before trying to enter the end date.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

The OP was able to enter the time, so I don't think that's it.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Calendar”