Administrators not visible

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

mevans wrote:I found the Firefox and Chrome were intermittent.
I use Firefox as my primary browser. I have never noticed any problems with the administrator page. All I am saying is my experience is different. I add this only as a data point. All of our administrators are default administrators. We have not added any other administrators.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

Some more information that might be helpful. I found that in any browser I choose, if I go to the administrator page and just keep hitting the refresh/reload button, I eventually see the problem happen. In Chrome it seems to happen about half the time (but with no consistent pattern) and in Firefox it happens about 20% of the time.

When the problem happens, I see something like this:
CalAdmin1.jpg
CalAdmin1.jpg (13.18 KiB) Viewed 233 times
When the screen is displayed properly, I see this:
CalAdmin2.png
CalAdmin2.png (16.7 KiB) Viewed 232 times
So it appears that some script does not run properly to adjust the contents of the userRightsListUnitsDropDown div (and other divs also are not updated as well).
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
mevans

Post by mevans »

Thanks aebrown for your pictures and observations. Yes, that's what's happening. I appreciate your observations about how often you have difficulties with Firefox and Chrome. I did a little more playing around on the Mac browsers and I also experience difficulties on Firefox Mac and Chrome Mac. For Safari Mac it seems to work just fine.

I'm kind of surprised to see difficulties on Firefox, as I believe Firefox Win is the primary testing platform for the dev team. I'm not sure why this problem would be different between browsers. I haven't looked to see if contents are returned, but not updated, etc. It's also strange that jdlessley has never seen a problem, but it's not too hard for me to reproduce (and apparently aebrown can reproduce it fairly easily, too).

Return to “Calendar”