Calendar Administrator

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
n8sgr8

Calendar Administrator

Postby n8sgr8 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:32 pm

My understanding is that each auxiliary head should automatically have access to their auxiliary's calendar for posting events. Based on information I am getting from those auxiliaries, the only access they have is for the ward calendar. I assumed that the "administrator" would be able to go in and grant such access, however when I click on Administrators, the list comes up blank.

As a member of the Bishopric I have access to all of the calendars. Can someone tell me how we can get access to our auxiliary heads to control their calendars?

Thanks for your help.

Nate

russellhltn
Community Administrator

Postby russellhltn » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:43 pm

n8sgr8 wrote:My understanding is that each auxiliary head should automatically have access to their auxiliary's calendar for posting events.

I think you're thinking of the news letter app. That's not true of the calendar. To start with, unless you've used the wizard, there are NO calendars whatsoever in the system. They all have to be created and editors added (assuming the editor is not a default admin - in this case part of the extended bishopric)

n8sgr8 wrote:As a member of the Bishopric I have access to all of the calendars. Can someone tell me how we can get access to our auxiliary heads to control their calendars?

- On the gear icon in the upper right, select "calendars"
- From the list of calendars, click on the name of the calendar you wish to edit
- On the right side of "Viewer/Editors" click on "Add new person"

The rest should be self-explanatory. In general, it's best to add by calling instead of by name so the rights changes automatically with the callings.
Have you searched the Wiki?
Try using a Google search by adding "site:tech.lds.org/wiki" to the search criteria.

Return to “Calendar”