Any way to import calendar into a word document for newsletter printing purposes?

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
ShannonNorton

Any way to import calendar into a word document for newsletter printing purposes?

Post by ShannonNorton »

I was just wondering if anyone knows if it is possible to get the calendar into a pdf or something so that I can import it into my 'Pages' program (Mac)? It would save me so much time rather than creating a new calendar in a word doc and printing it each month. Thanks!
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Your title asks about importing a Word document. Yet you ask about a PDF document.

The print feature of the calendar uses the PDF format for output. You can print in the three views available - month, week, and agenda. Just click the gear icon in the upper right of the page and click Print in the drop-down menu. The view displayed for the calendar will the output for printing.

Getting a Word document is a bit more complicated. If you have a PDF converter for word then create the document in PDF and open/convert it in Word. The longer route is to export the calendar using the Sync feature. Use the iCal file to import into Excel and manipulate it there and then imbed or copy it into Word. There are other more circuitous methods using third party iCal manipulation programs.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
lisaan
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by lisaan »

Or, once you've printed the calendar, open the PDF and do the old-fashioned screen scrape method. Paste that into Word and clean it up.
QA Engineer
kisaac
Community Moderators

Post by kisaac »

It isn't extremely clear that you must select Print to eventually save a PDF. You select "print" to open the PDF creation menu that allows your then to either Print or Download. Choose Download which then saves it to your computer for whatever you need to do with a PDF, like "scrape" with copy and paste.

Some of us are hoping for a csv export in a future release for printed newsletter, Ward bulletin and Ward Council agenda and email uses (like the retiring Classic calendar had) because that's what we do! Welcome to the forum shannonnorton!

Return to “Calendar”