Calendar Function - Per Event distribution list option

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
moberle

Calendar Function - Per Event distribution list option

Post by moberle »

The current calendar distribution lists are constrained with the calendar definition.

I would like to see private calendars have the capability to add notification for individuals to specific events.

I created a private calendar for our Bishop. All interviews and meetings are scheduled there. It would be very useful to add individuals to the notification.

For example; I schedule an interview with a ward member. The event is created on the calendar. When the notification/reminder is sent it only goes to me and my Bishop. I would like to add the person who is meeting with the Bishop so that they too get a notification or reminder.

As it currently functions to accomplish this would require a calendar per member or to modify the view/edit privileges each time an event is added.

Comments?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

This sounds like a valid need and is a good suggestion. Others have suggested this for the very same reason. We do not know whether those requests have made it onto the list of features to consider. We also do not know when a feature that is added to that list will be included in a future update release.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
preston.baxter

Post by preston.baxter »

Our "solution" is to use a Google calendar that only Bishop and I can access, but I can add individual attendees to their interview calendar entries. It obviously isn't integrated on the lds.org calendar, but it's fairly easy sync his church calendar back to the Google account.
Thanks,
Preston Baxter
Highland Ward
Sandy Utah Granite South Stake
victorvvk

Calendar Notification to Specific Individuals

Post by victorvvk »

Hi
I would like to suggest an option in Stake/Bishop's Interview calendar to include Notification to specific individuals. Lets say for example if an executive secretary set's up an appointment for the stake president and a member for temple recommend in the stake president interview calendar, an option should be provided where an email notification should be sent to the stake president and the member only informing the appointment (date and time).

Currently option is available to broadcast the event to all the members, Now the new requirement could be to send the notification to specific individuals, in this case it is Stake president and the member being interviewed.

Thanks in advance
Bro Vinod
Stake Executive Secretary
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Moderator Note

Post by jdlessley »

[Moderator note: The previous post was merged with this thread because it addresses the same topic.]
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Calendar”