LDS Tools And Church website (lds.org/church-calendar) times are out of synch

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
thejonz

LDS Tools And Church website (lds.org/church-calendar) times are out of synch

Post by thejonz »

Hello,

I just had a member in our stake ask me (I'm the stake exec sec) about a meeting time - in LDS Tools it shows the start time as 7pm but on the website (lds.org/church-calendar) it shows 6pm. I then investigated and several (but not all??) events are an hour later in LDS Tools - this sounds like a possible timezone issue but I still think it's weird because not all the events are an hour off just some (some events are repeating and some aren't). I've looked at the events and there is no way to set the timezone. Our stake (Santa Barbara, Calif) is all in the same timezone (pacific time).

This will cause problems so any help you can give me will be greatly appreciated.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

thejonz wrote:I then investigated and several (but not all??) events are an hour later in LDS Tools
I think the starting point is to look for a pattern. Is it because of where the event is held? If so, there is a timezone setting for the location that the stake default admins can change.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
cmankowski

Time issue on calendar

Post by cmankowski »

I found out yesterday that all the events I entered on the Stake calendar over the lest several days looked correct on my computer but everything was an hour off for other computers.

I recently had problems with my computer and one of the things that I lost was the time setting so I went to the Control Panel to put in the correct time. I'm not sure why, but the problem was that I did not check the box to automatically change when Daylight Savings time ends. After I checked the box and had the correct time set on the computer, all the times on my calendar show at the correct time.

So, double check the time and daylight savings time settings.

Good luck!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

cmankowski wrote:So, double check the time and daylight savings time settings.
Valid point, but the OP seemed to indicate differences between the website and tools - but only for some events. That's the part I find odd.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
tjenks

Time zone change

Post by tjenks »

I am having the same problem with an hour difference between the calendar on lds.org and the calendar in my LDS tools app. It appears that there are no differences in times for October, but they 1-hour difference starts in November. Is it possible that the app is adjusting events that fall after the time by an hour because we are on this side of the Daylight Savings time change that comes November 4th? Seems ridiculous, but it is the only pattern I see. And, I checked the time zone settings for all buildings in the calendar and they are correct. I wonder if the problem will go away once the time change comes on Nov. 4th.
tjenks

Time zone change

Post by tjenks »

I am having the same problem with an hour difference between the calendar on lds.org and the calendar in my LDS tools app. It appears that there are no differences in times for October, but the 1-hour difference starts in November. Is it possible that the app is adjusting events that fall after the time change by an hour because we are on this side of the Daylight Savings time change that comes November 4th? Seems ridiculous, but it is the only pattern I see. And, I checked the time zone settings for all buildings in the calendar and they are correct. I wonder if the problem will go away once the time change comes on Nov. 4th.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

tjenks wrote:I am having the same problem with an hour difference between the calendar on lds.org and the calendar in my LDS tools app. It appears that there are no differences in times for October, but they 1-hour difference starts in November. Is it possible that the app is adjusting events that fall after the time by an hour because we are on this side of the Daylight Savings time change that comes November 4th?
Quite possible. Do you have any activities for Nov 1-3 that you can check?

jeff.alvey

Times are all off by 1 hour after daylight savings time ends

Post by jeff.alvey »

I'm having the same issue. All of my events are off by 1 hour in LDS tools. I sync to my i-Cal as well which is not experiencing the problem. This occurs on both the iPad and the iPhone. Does anyone know if they are working on a fix for this issue?

Return to “Calendar”