Calendar messed up

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
wildmountainlaurel

Calendar messed up

Post by wildmountainlaurel »

I haven't been able to get into the calendar for a couple of weeks. I tried again tonight, and what I did get was in Spanish, which I don't speak. I have emailed before, and tried everything except changing my browser, and none of the suggestions have worked. I do the ward bulletin, so it's very important that I can access the calendar. I can't see why chaning my browser should make a difference. I have used IE for as long as I've had a computer.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

[Moderator note: This thread was split from the Issues Synchronizing Calendar thread as it addresses a different topic. Please follow the Code of Conduct and address only one topic in a thread.]
wildmountainlaurel wrote:I haven't been able to get into the calendar for a couple of weeks. I tried again tonight, and what I did get was in Spanish, which I don't speak.
The language issue for LDS.org has been discussed in other threads. The Everything switching to Spanish thread is one.
wildmountainlaurel wrote:I have emailed before, and tried everything except changing my browser, and none of the suggestions have worked. I do the ward bulletin, so it's very important that I can access the calendar. I can't see why chaning my browser should make a difference. I have used IE for as long as I've had a computer.
The recommendation in the thread I linked to above, which concerns the language changing automatically, is to clear your browser cache and delete all cookies. I have not seen anywhere the recommendation to try another browser for the language changing issue.

The recommendation to change browsers is not to address the language issue but to address the Calendar being scrambled, and other access issues, when using Internet Explorer 8 or earlier versions. The tools on LDS.org, of which the Calendar is one, are only supported on Firefox and Chrome. See the LDSTech News article Recommended Browsers for LDS.org Tools for more information.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
toryhebdon

Calendar Messed Up

Post by toryhebdon »

I have verified that I'm using IE8 and my calendar is messed up as well. Things are overlapped and very jumbled looking. How do I resolve this?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

toryhebdon wrote:I have verified that I'm using IE8 and my calendar is messed up as well. Things are overlapped and very jumbled looking. How do I resolve this?
You can't resolve the IE8 problem. You will have to use another browser such as Firefox or Chrome.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Calendar”