Sync issues

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
ramonc

Sync to Google Calendar fails with error

Post by ramonc »

Can not get Google to sync with the church calendar.

Failed to import calendar from "http://www.lds.org/church-calendar/serv ... subscribe/......

I get same result as Stake Presidency counselor (2) so more than 1 user. Is there anyone that can help?

Mine was working until 3 days ago but it was not updating in Google calendars so I redid the URL thing and now I cannot sync.

I notice that the googe, ical, and oulook links all go to the same location with the same code. I have tried the Ical validator someone suggested and it was clean and fast. When I try to add with google calendar it takes around 5 minutes and then the "Failed to Import from calendar" error above.

Done all the unsubscribe, new URL etc. etc.

What is one to try? any tips would be nice from anyone.
moberle

Post by moberle »

RussellHltn wrote:The sync syncs all the calendars you are subscribed to. The checkboxes on the main page only affect the web calendar. You'll have to go to the subscription page to control what gets synced. Note that removing something from the sync also removes the checkbox from the main page.
I suppose I'll post this over in the Ideas... forum but I believe there may be a better way to do this. I too do not want all subscribed calendars (although I select/deselect calendars frequently in the web UI) to go sync. I'd like to restrict it.

The subscription currently controls the sync and the calendar selector. It would be more effective if the subscription populated the calendar selector and that sync has it's own settings. The subscription would be the main point of control for the calendars that can be viewed. The selector in the UI would select what is shown in the web UI. A sync filter would dictate which of the subscribed calendars would be pushed.
youngr

Sync Issues ICal Error -1

Post by youngr »

I noticed this week my calandars are no longer syncing to my Ipad. They are syncning to my ICal on my MAC but not my device. I recreated a subscription in ICal. Now I get an error "There was a unexpected error with your request" Error- 1. Other subscriptions are working fine. Is syncing down?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I just checked my sync and it seems to be working. Note that there is a "throttle" placed on the number of requests. If any of your devices request a sync in less then 9 minutes since the last sync by any device, it will end up with a empty file.

So you may want to check the sync frequency.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

youngr wrote:I noticed this week my calandars are no longer syncing to my Ipad. They are syncning to my ICal on my MAC but not my device. I recreated a subscription in ICal. Now I get an error "There was a unexpected error with your request" Error- 1. Other subscriptions are working fine. Is syncing down?
Syncing is not down, as you can tell from your success syncing to your Mac. However, you do need to be aware of the fact that since version 2.2.1 was released, the sync service will only give results for your personal sync URL every 9 minutes (see Calendar 2.2.1 Updated for the first announcement when it would allow sync only once per hour and then this post for the adjustment to 9 minutes).

If you are syncing to multiple devices, this limitation requires that you are careful in setting the timing for the various syncs. For example, if your Mac were to sync every hour on the hour, and your iPad were to try to sync every hour at 5 minutes after the hour, your iPad would fail every time, since the Mac would have accessed the sync service just five minutes before.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
ramonc

Post by ramonc »

aebrown wrote:Syncing is not down, as you can tell from your success syncing to your Mac. However, you do need to be aware of the fact that since version 2.2.1 was released, the sync service will only give results for your personal sync URL every 9 minutes (see Calendar 2.2.1 Updated for the first announcement when it would allow sync only once per hour and then this post for the adjustment to 9 minutes).

If you are syncing to multiple devices, this limitation requires that you are careful in setting the timing for the various syncs. For example, if your Mac were to sync every hour on the hour, and your iPad were to try to sync every hour at 5 minutes after the hour, your iPad would fail every time, since the Mac would have accessed the sync service just five minutes before.

May I suggest that you review the thread "Issues Synchoronizing Calendar" further down the list Note that there was much banter back and forth and as of Friday night last week it was to go to developers for resolution. I see someone else had the same issue on Sunday. Now I see this. I just tried mine again without success. Maybe someone can merge these 2 threads together. Any updates from developer?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

ramonc wrote:May I suggest that you review the thread "Issues Synchoronizing Calendar" further down the list Note that there was much banter back and forth and as of Friday night last week it was to go to developers for resolution. I see someone else had the same issue on Sunday. Now I see this. I just tried mine again without success. Maybe someone can merge these 2 threads together. Any updates from developer?
I'm not convinced that the problems you are having (as reported in the thread Issues Synchronizing Calendar) are the same as those reported here. After all, you don't seem to be able to sync at all, but youngr is able to sync to one device just fine, and kielklan was able to sync manually. So I don't think it is prudent to merge the two threads.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

ramonc wrote:May I suggest that you review the thread "Issues Synchoronizing Calendar" further down the list Note that there was much banter back and forth and as of Friday night last week it was to go to developers for resolution.
Note that was a issue with syncing with Google. We had shown that he was able to retrieve a file and the file was acceptable to Google, but for some reason the Google servers don't seem to be able to get the file directly. Unless you're syncing your iPad via Google, I would not assume it's the same issue.

However, you may want to duplicate some of the troubleshooting done in that thread to see what you find out.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Calendar”