renaming a room

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
TJRogers

renaming a room

Post by TJRogers »

Is it possible to rename a room/resource? (Locations & Rooms, Rooms & Equipment) Based on other posts I've seen here, I suspect that can't be done, but I want to exhaust every other option before we delete the existing room and create a new one with the correct name. Assuming we have to do the delete and re-create approach, is there a quick way to scan for all events that are currently scheduled for that room? I see a very high risk that we will miss something and unknowingly remove the location from several events.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

It appears to me to be straightforward to rename a custom room, but I don't see any way to rename a "standard" room from the checklist.

The only way I can think of to scan for all the uses of the room is to download the iCal file and search it with some kind of tool.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

RussellHltn wrote:The only way I can think of to scan for all the uses of the room is to download the iCal file and search it with some kind of tool.

Instructions for downloading the iCal file are in the Syncing with Third-Party Calendars help page in the Export the Calendar as an iCal File section.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
kyleq

Post by kyleq »

TJRogers wrote:before we delete the existing room and create a new one with the correct name.
Is there a default room that is spelled incorrectly or is this a custom room?
TJRogers

Post by TJRogers »

kyleq wrote:Is there a default room that is spelled incorrectly or is this a custom room?

When the location was initially configured, the pre-defined "Young Women Room" was included on the list. There does happen to be a room where the young women of one ward normally meet, but practically everyone refers to that space as the "Multi-Purpose Room". (After all, that's what the sign on the door says.) The name difference has caused a great deal of hassle and confusion whenever anyone wants to reserve that space.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

You can deactivate the any of the default rooms but you cannot delete them or rename them. Unfortunately if you deactivate a default room and it has been scheduled for any events the room will be dropped from the list of rooms booked for the events.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Calendar”