Sync issues for church calendar on my google calendar on my android

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
mariemommyof8

Sync issues for church calendar on my google calendar on my android

Post by mariemommyof8 »

I am having trouble syncing my church calendar with my google calendar on my android phone. Everything is displayed perfectly on my google calendar on my desktop but when I try to sync my google calendar on my android phone the only events that show up are my personal ones. The church calendar events do not show up at all. Please help me. I'd really like to have ALL my events on my google calendar on my PHONE. Thanks!

Marie
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

mariemommyof8 wrote:I am having trouble syncing my church calendar with my google calendar on my android phone. Everything is displayed perfectly on my google calendar on my desktop but when I try to sync my google calendar on my android phone the only events that show up are my personal ones. The church calendar events do not show up at all. Please help me. I'd really like to have ALL my events on my google calendar on my PHONE. Thanks!

As you can read in the thread Calendar Availability Issues, the synchronization service has been down much of the time lately. When the sync service is down, you can't sync your church calendar to any external calendar (a smart phone, Outlook, LDS Tools, Google Calendar, etc.).

Your Google Calendar that you view on your desktop must have been synchronized at some time when the service was up, which is why you can see your church events there. But it's probably not entirely up to date.

You may want to subscribe to the thread I linked to above (use Thread Tools > Subscribe to this Thread) so that you'll be notified when a Church employee posts an announcement that the sync service has been fixed.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
josephcreed

Post by josephcreed »

aebrown's comments about the sync not working with the lds.org calendar are correct and helpful, however the issue being described are between the google calendar, on the sever, and the android device. It has been my experience that sometimes the android device will stop pulling updates on any calendar associated with the google account. To resolve that issue yoe need to go to Settings, Applications, Manage Applications, and then locate the Calendar objects (Calendar and Calendar Storage) and clear the cache. The next time the device sync's with the servers the data will be reloaded. CAUTION: I don't know what happens with the items under My Calendar (the calendar local to the device) since I don't use it, so you may want to record those items elsewhere.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

josephcreed wrote:however the issue being described are between the google calendar, on the sever, and the android device. It has been my experience that sometimes the android device will stop pulling updates on any calendar associated with the google account. To resolve that issue yoe need to go to Settings, Applications, Manage Applications, and then locate the Calendar objects (Calendar and Calendar Storage) and clear the cache.

Before doing that, I'd check the settings under calendar to insure that the calender in question is being synced and displayed. In both Android 3 and 4, I've been able to select/unselect the church sync and not just my Google account as a whole.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
josephcreed

Post by josephcreed »

Thank you, I second the motion.

I forgot to mention selecting the unique calendars to sync on the android device as the first step.

Return to “Calendar”