"All Day" Events Bleeding into the Following Day

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
ej_anderson

"All Day" Events Bleeding into the Following Day

Post by ej_anderson »

Hi - Is there anything in the works to limit "All Day" events to just appear on the day they are scheduled? I see many events in our stake that start on 12:00am of the day of the event and end on 12:00am of the following day. This makes it look like the event is longer than it is and really busies up the calendar unnecessarily. This is even more problematic when viewing on the Church's app for mobile devices.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

ej_anderson wrote:Hi - Is there anything in the works to limit "All Day" events to just appear on the day they are scheduled? I see many events in our stake that start on 12:00am of the day of the event and end on 12:00am of the following day.
I thought that was fixed. Is the stake using the "all day" checkbox or are they manually setting the times?

Also, are you in the same timezone as the person doing the calendar? The web page takes it's cue from the timezone set on your computer and adjusts anything on the church calendar to "local time". So you may see things differently then someone else in your same stake.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
kyleq

Post by kyleq »

If you could let us know a few pieces of information we can do some testing internally. I'd need to know your timezone and like RussellHltn mentioned I need to know if any of the appointments are using buildings or resources outside in a different timezone. It would be good to know too if the "All Day" option is checked in these events.

Return to “Calendar”