Issues Synchronizing Calendar

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
Gary_Miller

Post by Gary_Miller »

I to have had some failed problems with goggle. But was able to get it to work by just waiting awhile.
ramonc

Post by ramonc »

RussellHltn wrote:I gave it a shot, but I wasn't sure if 9 minutes had elapsed from the last attempt.

Noted, but I'd expect to see a much larger volume of complaints if something suddenly quit working. This may be a problem isolated to your unit. I'll have to compare your results to mine.

Correct.

I will do nothing with this link so you can wait the 9 minutes and try again. it is now 4:40 mountain daylight time
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Interesting. Your sync URL is 13 characters longer then mine.

That's all I can find different.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
ramonc

Post by ramonc »

RussellHltn wrote:Interesting. Your sync URL is 13 characters longer then mine.

That's all I can find different.

All I do is copy and paste what the server creates and is on my screen.

Have you been able to successfully import my link to google calendar?

If mine is too long, I think someone on your side will have to fix that, unless you can tell me of some setting you want me to change that will make it shorter.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I've forwarded the issue to the developers. I wouldn't think the length is an issue, but I have no idea how long a URL Google will accept.

Edit: I found someone who says they're having problems with a 268 byte length but a 251 byte URL is OK. Yours is not even half of that. But I'm thinking the longer URL might be handled by a different server and there might be a something related to that. Perhaps Google is being blocked from that server. Just a wild guess.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
ramonc

Post by ramonc »

RussellHltn wrote:I've forwarded the issue to the developers. I wouldn't think the length is an issue, but I have no idea how long a URL Google will accept.

Edit: I found someone who says they're having problems with a 268 byte length but a 251 byte URL is OK. Yours is not even half of that. But I'm thinking the longer URL might be handled by a different server and there might be a something related to that. Perhaps Google is being blocked from that server. Just a wild guess.

Sounds good, let me know if I need to send you my URL link to test with
kfred

My wife and I are having the same issue with Google calendar sync

Post by kfred »

I stripped subscriptions down to just our ward, so there aren't many events. Google calendar says "importing calendar from url ..." and sits there for several minutes before giving a pop-up indicating "Settings Error".
ramonc

Post by ramonc »

RussellHltn wrote:I've forwarded the issue to the developers. I wouldn't think the length is an issue, but I have no idea how long a URL Google will accept.

Any updates from developers. Still not working.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

ramonc wrote:Any updates from developers. Still not working.

I put it in the bug tracking program, but I'm not seeing any action on it so far.

gshosford

Post by gshosford »

I have a workaround, at least for my copy of MS Outlook 2007. I have found that the URL for synchronizing the calendar on Outlook 2007 will not in-fact synchronize. However, if I delete the existing calendar, then use the URL, my copy of MS Outlook 2007 will communicate with the website and create a new up-to-date calendar. It is not a very elegant solution and it requires a step that I didn't need to do previously, i.e. delete the existing calendar, but it does enable me to update the calendar. I do not know if it will work for others that are having similar issues, but it works in my instance. I hope this is of value to some of you and I hope this gives a clue to the Church developers as to the source of the problem.

Return to “Calendar”