Issues Synchronizing Calendar

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
wtaylorbasil

Synchronizing Outlook 2010 Difficulty

Post by wtaylorbasil »

I realise that there was a problem with this but I believe it was fixed few months back. Unfortunately I am unable to sync my calendar with the URLs provided, "cannot add or verify the calendar -------", message comes up.
I have to generate a new URLs and that does it. Do I have to keep doing this all the time, is the problem fixed permanently or is there anothe issue that is causing this?
My OS is Windows Xp Pro and IE is Google Chrome.

Regards
William
tomjoht

Post by tomjoht »

Thanks for reporting this issue. I also cannot sync my calendar. I added a bug to the bug tracking system (JIRA) for the calendar project. Developers will try to fix this in an upcoming release. (Just a note, though, resources are somewhat overloaded right now, so there may be somewhat of a delay.)
ramonc

Post by ramonc »

RussellHltn wrote:I've forwarded the issue to the developers. I wouldn't think the length is an issue, but I have no idea how long a URL Google will accept.

Edit: I found someone who says they're having problems with a 268 byte length but a 251 byte URL is OK. Yours is not even half of that. But I'm thinking the longer URL might be handled by a different server and there might be a something related to that. Perhaps Google is being blocked from that server. Just a wild guess.

Any update on this from developers? It has been over a month now and still not able to sync. Thanks for any help you can give.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

The issue was transferred to a different bug tracking system. The indication is that it will be fixed in the next release, but I have no idea when that will be.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Calendar”