New Calendar Issues - Private Calendars

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

RussellHltn wrote:I'm not sure as I'd want to completely go back to the old way. I'd be concerned about losing access to a calendar with calling turnover. Particularly if the users are added by name and not calling (which seems to be the default when a calendar is created).
I agree. There could be situations where no one might have administrative rights for a calendar. I like the somewhat looser implementation from an administrative standpoint.

But from kyleq's post, it appears that this looser implementation is not intentional. The other side of the argument is that some calendars should be very confidential (a stake president's interviews, particularly with people with sensitive moral, emotional, or disciplinary issues, could easily be in that category) and so other administrators (which include even the website administrator, who might not even be a clerk) should not be able to see those events.
mfmohlma wrote:I don't see the same behavior. As ward clerk, I can see the same type of private "appointment" calendar (Bishop and Exec. Sec. only) in the calendar list but can't add myself to it (no "add user" link appears). Maybe this behavior is only on a stake level.

Thanks for passing that on. As I said, I think this behavior is unintentional, but it's interesting to see that it might happen only at the stake level.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
puchacai

Post by puchacai »

My issue is slightly different. If I only leave the callings in as the viewers and editors on a private calendar no one can see it. It does not show until I add the peoples names in to view it.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

puchacai wrote:My issue is slightly different. If I only leave the callings in as the viewers and editors on a private calendar no one can see it. It does not show until I add the peoples names in to view it.

Have you checked the CDOL to make sure the users are in the standard callings (black print) and not in a custom callings (orange print) - if not absent altogether?

Edit: I just checked, our stake's private calendars using using callings, not names.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
dlabau

Post by dlabau »

I am listed as the executive secretary. It says I can view and edit but can do neither.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

dlabau wrote:I am listed as the executive secretary. It says I can view and edit but can do neither.
Have you actually subscribed to the calendar you are talking about?

If you don't subscribe, you won't be able to view or edit, regardless of the permissions you are granted for private or public calendars. As executive secretary, you are a default administrator, so you have view/edit permissions for all public calendars; for private calendars you would have to be granted permission explicitly for each private calendar you need access to, which can be granted by name or by calling. But still you have to actually subscribe to see (and thus to edit) any calendar.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
KevenHarsh

Stake President Interviews calendar

Post by KevenHarsh »

My executive secretary and I have been using the private 'stake president interviews' calendar for a few weeks now and it has been great! However, I tried to use it today, but it did not show up as a subscribed calendar. When I go into subscriptions, I see the calendar and it shows that I am unsubscribed. I push the button to subcribe to the calendar. The button turns blue and says 'subcribed'. When I return to the calendar, I do not see the 'stake president interviews' calendar on the left. If I return to subscriptions, the 'stake president interviews' calendar shows 'unsubscribed' again. I tried adding an appointment, and it allows me to add an appointment on that calendar. I just cannot see the calendar. I would appreciate any help on this matter since I am worried about missing an appointment.
Thank you.
Keven
komatta

Post by komatta »

I push the button to subcribe to the calendar. The button turns blue and says 'subcribed'. When I return to the calendar, I do not see the 'stake president interviews' calendar on the left.
This exact behavior is happening to our ward executive secretary. It is preventing him from reviewing & confirming upcoming bishopric interviews and other items.

Any advice would be great, or if I can help diagnose this bug somehow let me know.
kyleq

Post by kyleq »

@KevenHarsh and @komatta would you be able to send me some details to help with the testing of this issue? I've tried it out in our test environment and have not been able to reproduce the problem. I'm guessing I'll need to be able to see your exact calendars. Please send me a private message here in the forum (click on the Private Messages link in the header of the this forum). In the message send me the info you see when you go to http://www.lds.org/header and log in. You can simple copy all the contents of the page and paste it into the message.

This will allow me to simulate your user in the test environment.
KevenHarsh

Post by KevenHarsh »

I sent the private message to you as requested. Thanks for your help.
Keven
KevenHarsh

Post by KevenHarsh »

KevenHarsh wrote:I sent the private message to you as requested. Thanks for your help.
Keven

Dear "kyleq", Is there any update on this "Stake President Interviews" calendar problem? I should mention that my executive secretary is having the same problem. I am worried becuase we have appointments scheduled on this calendar that we have record of no where else. Since neither of us can see the calendar, I know that I am going to miss scheduled appointments which concerns me deeply. Anything you can do to help me would be appreciated. I will be glad to help in the trouble shooting process if necessary.

Return to “Calendar”