New Calendar Issues - Private Calendars

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
rlgribble

Can't change access rights on a private calendar

Post by rlgribble »

I am the stake clerk (have been for close to two years now and am in CDOL as such). Our former executive secretary created two private calendars, and granted rights by role - that is, all three members of the presidency, the executive secretary, and stake clerk for the stake presidency calendar, and the same roles, plus the high council, for the stake PEC calendar.

The problem is that no one - including the former executive secretary (he's still listed as such pending the setting apart of his successor) - can add anyone to the calendar. We were going to add the new executive secretary by name so he could work, but no one (including the stake president) can do so. See below (I don't know if the image is going to work or not, but thought I'd try).

The screen shows everyone I would expect to see as viewers/editors, and all of us can view and edit the calendar, but there is no link to "Add New Person" as seen in other calendars. The screen says "Stake Presidency (private) (View Only)", though it also says "Stake Clerk View and Edit".

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated...
kyleq

Post by kyleq »

Hi Keven. I tested the issue using the information you sent me a fresh copy of production data just yesterday and could not reproduce the problem in our test environment. From what I understand to reproduce the problem you go to the Subscriptions page, click to subscribe to the Stake President Interviews calendar then return to the main calendar. From there you never actually see the Stake President Interviews show up in the list of subscribed calendars and when you return to the Subscriptions page it appears unsubscribed. Is that correct?

If so I'd like you to try something for me using Firefox. First follow the instructions from this other thread to get the Firebug tool installed in Firefox.

After you have Firebug working in Firefox and you can see the events showing up as you refresh or change pages go to the Subscriptions page, click to subscribe the Stake President Interviews calendar and notice what shows up in Firebug. There should be something similar to http://www.lds.org/church-calendar/serv ... ribe/<some number>. Click the plus sign next to this line to expand it and click on the Response tab. I need to know what shows up in this tab. Also, I need to know if anything besides "200 OK" shows up next to the URL in Firebug.

If you'd like to work on it over the phone send me your phone number in a PM and when it would be best to call you during business hours. Hopefully we'll be able to track this issue down together.
einteil

Post by einteil »

@kevenharsch and kyleq: I'm a ward executive secretary and am having this same problem.
SmithDO

Post by SmithDO »

I was just called as the Executive Secretary. In the process of getting things set up the Bishop and I noticed that one of the previous Executive Secretaries was listed by name as having view only permissions in the Bishop's Appointments Private Calendar (obviously a privacy problem). It seems his name is there as he may have initially created the calendar. In trying to remove him we found that neither the Bishop nor myself have the rights to add or remove (as indicated by the lack of the red X or the add person buttons). We are both able to subscribe to the calendar and can add, edit, and delete events. When in the calendar's settings in the header bar it says Calendars >> Bishop's Appointments (View Only). Further down under "Viewers/Editors" it has both Bishop and Executive Secretary listed as view and edit. I am having the exact same problem with another private calendar called Bishopric, however in this one the same individual listed by name has view and edit rights.
rfarnsworth

Post by rfarnsworth »

einteil wrote:@kevenharsch and kyleq: I'm a ward executive secretary and am having this same problem.

I would also like to help solve this problem. It's very frustrating for me as executive secretary as well as the bishop.
dlabau

Post by dlabau »

I am subscribed. On all of the private calendars, I am both subscribed and listed by calling as an editor. I am getting the "View Only" notification without the capacity to edit in any way, including changing the callings or names of individuals that may view or edit the calendar.
aebrown wrote:Have you actually subscribed to the calendar you are talking about?

If you don't subscribe, you won't be able to view or edit, regardless of the permissions you are granted for private or public calendars. As executive secretary, you are a default administrator, so you have view/edit permissions for all public calendars; for private calendars you would have to be granted permission explicitly for each private calendar you need access to, which can be granted by name or by calling. But still you have to actually subscribe to see (and thus to edit) any calendar.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

dlabau wrote: On all of the private calendars, I am both subscribed and listed by calling as an editor. I am getting the "View Only" notification without the capacity to edit in any way, including changing the callings or names of individuals that may view or edit the calendar.
To be an editor you must currently have "View and Edit" permissions. It is possible that when those private calendars were set up that your calling had "View and Edit" permissions but at some point another user with "View and Edit" permissions changed your permissions to "View Only". If you know another user with "View and Edit" permissions for each private calendar you can have that person check the permissions for your calling in the private calendars.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Calendar”