Is it possible to be given viewing rights for calendars outside of your unit?

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
jbb89777

Is it possible to be given viewing rights for calendars outside of your unit?

Post by jbb89777 »

I know that in order for public calendars to be viewed with all the event details, a person needs to have their records in that unit. Only the calendars for your own ward/stake are visible when viewing in the month format. However, I seem to remember exceptions to this needing to be made in certain situations...

I have a high counselor that wants to view the YSA branch calendars but he needs to leave his records in his home ward. Is there a way for stake leaders to view the public ward/branch calendars that they do not have their records in (more than hunting for the activities in the WEEK mode of the calendar where all scheduled activities are visible)? We do not want to make the branch calendars into stake calendars, which of course would be visible to all. Do I as stake web admin (or someone from the branch) have the capability of granting him viewing rites based on calling or by name?

Thanks,
Tamara Bair
Olympia Washington Stake Web Admin
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

jbb89777 wrote:Is there a way for stake leaders to view the public ward/branch calendars that they do not have their records in (more than hunting for the activities in the WEEK mode of the calendar where all scheduled activities are visible)?
This is not possible currently. A Church employee/developer has acknowledged that this feature is being considered.
jbb89777 wrote:Do I as stake web admin (or someone from the branch) have the capability of granting him viewing rites based on calling or by name?
No. Currently, only the members of a unit can view the calendars of that unit.

Out of unit leaders have the same viewing/editing rights as leaders called from the unit membership. This gives them the ability to view not only their home unit calendars but the calendars of the unit in which they serve.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Calendar”