Problems with a recurring event and deleting or changing it

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
Krissy.lamont

Problems with a recurring event and deleting or changing it

Post by Krissy.lamont »

Help. I have tried to delete the recurring events and change them. A message comes up stating there was an unforseen problem authenticating your request. Please contact support team at the feedback link below. I have done so weeks ago and heard nothing back and problem is not fixed. What to do?
failproof

Post by failproof »

Welcome to the forum! I've found other forum members to be very helpful in finding solutions to issues with the calendar and other lds.org applications... however, it is easier to help when more details are provided :)

Let us know as many specifics as you can, for example, are you clicking the event and selecting the Delete button from the pop-up, or are you selecting the Edit event details & location link from the pop-up and then deleting it from the Event Details page? When you change the event, what specifically are you changing, like the description, name, location? What internet browser are you using (sometimes errors or problems can be specific to a browser)? What is your current calling (which can sometimes help determine what permissions you may or may not have on the calendars website)?

Hopefully with a few more details someone else using the forums can help you figure out what other steps you might take for the problem you are seeing.
SDorrough

Post by SDorrough »

Krissy, I can reproduce that issue.

STEPS TO REPRODUCE
1. Create a recurring event and save it.
2. Edit the event and make a modification (i.e., the description - change spelling of word or add/delete text).
3. Save your changes. It will prompt about changing just the single event all events in the series. Choose all events.

Once the event is edited, it disappears from the calendar. You can try refreshing the screen but it doesn't come back - not even minutes or an hour later.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

sdorrough wrote:Krissy, I can reproduce that issue.

STEPS TO REPRODUCE
1. Create a recurring event and save it.
2. Edit the event and make a modification (i.e., the description - change spelling of word or add/delete text).
3. Save your changes. It will prompt about changing just the single event all events in the series. Choose all events.

Once the event is edited, it disappears from the calendar. You can try refreshing the screen but it doesn't come back - not even minutes or an hour later.
I do this kind of thing all the time, with no such problems. And I just tried it again, following your steps exactly, and it worked perfectly. There must be more factors at work than just your simple steps.

And I also have no difficulty deleting a repeating event, which is what Krissy's original post reported. So again, there must be other factors.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
RoseSJ

Post by RoseSJ »

I am having the same problem. I have tried different browsers and computers. I can't delete a repeating event for the next year. Sometimes I delete it and the calendar acts like it is gone, but it is still scheduled.
lisaan
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by lisaan »

@rosesj - are you still experiencing this problem with Calendar? Please let us know. Thanks.
QA Engineer

Return to “Calendar”