Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
3 posts • Page 1 of 1
We have a YSA who is currently called as the YSA Ward calendar administrator so he can manage the YSA calendar. Since any YSA in the stake who has their membership in a ward or branch other than the YSA Ward are invited to most any of the YSA Ward activities, I, as Stake Technology Specialist have tried several times to add this same person as an editor of the Stake YSA Calendar Layer by choosing Read/Write, by name. His name is found when typing the last name in the name text window and when I click Save, the screen reverts to where it shows those in the stake currently listed as administrators but does not show this person as an editor. I have had him try to change an activity that is currently scheduled on one of the YSA Ward calendar layers to the Stake YSA Events Calendar layer and that layer does not yet show up for him to select. I suspect there is some kind of bug in the editor selection process? Does anyone have an idea of why this is not working?
You say that you "click Save", but you never mentioned that you clicked "Add" first. The correct steps are:
- Go to Settings > Calendars
- Click on the calendar name to edit that calendar
- Click on the "Add new person" button
- Choose "by Name" from the dropdown that defaults to "by Calling" (you indicated that you were adding this editor by name)
- Type the person's name, and select their name from the list that appears
- Choose "View and Edit" in the Permissions dropdown (you said "Read/Write", but I assume this is what you meant)
- Click the Add button (note that the person now appears in the list of editors)
- Click the Save button
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 1 guest