Can you access another ward's calendar in the stake?

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
jenjohnson103

Can you access another ward's calendar in the stake?

Post by jenjohnson103 »

We are wanting to see if the other ward who meets in our building has something scheduled and would like to see their calendar (rather than having to contact someone who might know their activities). Is there a way to see the other ward's calendar who also meets in our building? Seems like we should be able to see their ward calendar since they are in our stake... but can't figure out how to do it. Thanks for any help you can give!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

From the FAQs:
How can I see other calendars in my stake?
You can only see calendars outside your ward if they are stake calendars. You can see events taking place at your location by selecting the location in the Available Locations section in the sidebar if you are viewing the calendar by week. The events, however, will not indicate which ward the event belongs to.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jenjohnson103

Post by jenjohnson103 »

Thank you. That answered my question!
kisaac
Community Moderators

Post by kisaac »

This process assumes both wards sharing a building are scheduling their locations as intended by the calendaring system. I believe there are a fair amount of wards that are using the calendar system, but not yet using the online location scheduling features of it. If one or both wards are still using a building scheduler who writes down events and room needs on his "bank calendar" on his wall, you'll still need to call somebody.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

The building scheduler is either a stake position or appointed by the agent bishop. All units for a given meetinghouse have to be on the same "system" for it to work.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
kisaac
Community Moderators

Post by kisaac »

Absolutely, and maybe I was stating the obvious. I wanted to clarify to all viewing that the thread makes the assumption that if wards/stakes are using LDS.org calendar, they are scheduling the building with it, to make the FAQ correct. That assumption is not correct in my case. Although all wards ARE using the calendar, the "available locations" in the sidebar doesn't ever "show events taking place at (my) location," as I still need to make the call and ask a person to look at his calendar on the wall.

Return to “Calendar”