Event on calendar disappeared with addition of new event

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
cmankowski

Event on calendar disappeared with addition of new event

Post by cmankowski »

There was an event scheduled on the "Stake Calendar" with the location being the Stake Ctr starting at 2 PM. When I added a new event to the "Stake Calendar" with the location being "other" (a member's home) and the start time was 8 AM and end time 3 PM, the event scheduled to take place at the Stake Ctr disappeared from the calendar.

When I changed the end time of the event at the "other" location to 2 PM, the original event starting at 2 PM reappeared.

Any idea what I did wrong?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

Were you in Week view or Month view? If you are in Month view, then there is a limit to the number of events that can appear on a date (I think it's 5). If you exceed that limit, you'll see at the bottom of the box something like "+1 more" or "+2 more". I suppose it's possible that the new event bumped the other event into the "+1 more" category.

If you are in Week view, then I would wonder what happened to the even in Month view. Namely, if you are in the state when that one event had disappeared, if you switch to the other view, is the event then visible?
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
cmankowski

Month view good, week view bad

Post by cmankowski »

Everything looks normal in the month view. But I notice that it is related to the number events scheduled at any one time.

However, if i am subscribed to all the calendars, wouldn't it be fairly normal to have at least 5 events at any given time?

Return to “Calendar”