Unable to Post an Event

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
greglebaron

Unable to Post an Event

Post by greglebaron »

I am the building scheduler for the Kennewick-Washington stake center (Gage Blvd). I have been trying to schedule an event but when I submit the informaiton, a circle comes up and just spins. My wife is also a scheduler and the same thing happens on her computer when she signs on. I spoke with the stake clerk and he tried on his computer and he gets the same response with both windows internet explorer and google chrome. He also has permissions to schedule other buildings in our stake and doesn't have any problem scheduling the other buildings.
I called the Church tech support and they had me delete my internet history. After doing that, I was able to schedule one event, but when I went to schedule another event, the circle would just spin. I called the Church tech support again, but they said they couldn't help -- the programers would have to address the problem and all I could do was to submit "feedback" through LDSorg. I submitted feedback, but I haven't had much sucess through the feedback in the past. We get requests for scheduling almost daily, so we need access to schedule right away. Please help! You can reach me at 509-628-9921 if you need additional informaiton.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Is this a repeating event, or just one-time?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
greglebaron

Post by greglebaron »

It is just a one-time event. While I couldn't schedule and event on Thursday or Friday, I am able to post events today. I don't what the difference is, but it looks like the problem is solved. My wife is also able to post events today.:D
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

I'm guessing that you were afflicted by the problem reported by several people, which had multiple manifestations. That problem was confirmed by a Church employee in this post; a couple of days later, another Church employee announced the fix in this post.

You started this thread on Friday, and the fix was implemented the day before that, but I wonder if you were reporting an experience you had had prior to the fix. In any case, all's well that ends well, I suppose.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “Calendar”