Unable to Delete Event

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
bowdenfam

Post by bowdenfam »

I did make some posts and can now successfully delete the event. Thanks for getting this fixed.
kyleq wrote:We've been able to make the necessary changes to fix this problem. If you have posted an issue here would you mind retesting and letting me know if you still see a problem?
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

Biggles wrote:I'm also having a problem in not being able to approve a new Calendar. Just getting the eternal spinn......
Thanks its working fine now :-)

I see the sign in area, on LDS.org has had a makeover.
nathan.g

Post by nathan.g »

All fixed for me now. Thank you :)
cabrooksby

Still having the problem!

Post by cabrooksby »

I see the 'fix' was posted at ~11am yesterday. I was on the system at ~11pm last night and it is still broken for me. I can not delete some events. I can not change some events. I can not even add a new event on one of the calendars!

I am using IE & Chrome. Same thing happens with both.

I can drag an offending calendar event in month view to a new date and it seems to have moved. But when I check week view it did not really change.

Stake Clerk in Manteca, CA
ajcampers

Works for me now!

Post by ajcampers »

kyleq wrote:We've been able to make the necessary changes to fix this problem. If you have posted an issue here would you mind retesting and letting me know if you still see a problem?
I am able to delete events that I couldn't delete before. Thanks for fixing the problem!
c11unk

Post by c11unk »

Tried deleting a repeating event on the 25th and 26th. Most times just got the spinning symbol. Occasionally would have a message box pop up in Spanish. Having read this thread have tried using Safari and Internet Explorer as well as the Firefox I had used before, still no joy.

I can drag existing events to new dates in the month but not to new months. I can create new events, but can not delete old event no matter what method I use.
cabrooksby

Post by cabrooksby »

The couple of days later (3/25) I was able to change the event that would not change the night of 3/23. However, I can still not delete, or change several of the events in a repeating event. This is the same problem that has existed for at least 5 months now! Get the spinning symbol or the 'Sorry data is temporarily unavailable...' message that we have been getting for 5 months now.

It will let me in to 'try' to edit the repeating event, but it has changed the event to a weekly repeating event and no end date. If I try to change anything and save, I just get the spinning wheel.

Please help! I am now having to send emails to stake members telling them that they can not believe the calendar for specific events because I no longer have the ability to correct things! This is not a good thing!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

It's not supposed to allow repeating events beyond 2 years. What happens if you edit the end date and save?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
kyleq

Post by kyleq »

cabrooksby wrote: It will let me in to 'try' to edit the repeating event, but it has changed the event to a weekly repeating event and no end date. If I try to change anything and save, I just get the spinning wheel.
There is an ongoing issue related to repeating events not saving correctly in the database. The end result is that a user cannot modify/delete any event that is part of the series. Please see this thread for details and for continued discussion.

Return to “Calendar”