Blank Calendar months in April & July 2012

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
jonejam2

Blank Calendar months in April & July 2012

Post by jonejam2 »

Good Afternoon,
My calendar has gone blank starting April 4th 2012 through the end of the month, and then again in April. Before that the calendar is normal and very busy. Any thought's on how to get the calendar back. I checked with another ward member and their calendar shows a ton of events for those months.

I am subscribed to every calendar & Location.
I tried to enter an event and it accepts the "test" event, but it disappears when the calendar view returns.
I am the ward clerk and have the proper permissions.

I have attached a screen shot of what I see on my calendar.

Thank you in advance
Jonejam2
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Seems to be a display issue that crops up in certain conditions depending on the data. Start unchecking the calendars and I think you'll find that it returns.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

See the thread Month view empty on Calendar for specific suggestions on a similar report of this issue.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
jonejam2

Calendar Works now

Post by jonejam2 »

Thank you for your replies. I unchecked one and everything came back (except the items on that one calendar). Unfortunately, that ONE calendar is really important. I would really like to see the events under that calendar.

Any thoughts?
Thank you
Jim Jones
jonejam2

Post by jonejam2 »

Also, when the "Bishopric" calendar is rechecked, I lose all of the events again. The thread mentioned above makes me think this is being addressed as a bug. I can't figure out why it is only specific months and only the bishopric calendar. Thanks
Jim Jones
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jonejam2 wrote:Thank you for your replies. I unchecked one and everything came back (except the items on that one calendar). Unfortunately, that ONE calendar is really important. I would really like to see the events under that calendar.
Try unchecking some of the other calendars. It might be a combination issue. You can also try week view.
jonejam2 wrote:I can't figure out why it is only specific months and only the bishopric calendar.
I couldn't see a pattern to it either. It may have dependencies that are not obvious.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jonejam2

Post by jonejam2 »

RussellHltn wrote:Try unchecking some of the other calendars. It might be a combination issue. You can also try week view.

No luck here. I am trying to delete the last event under "Bishopric" that may be causing a hangup but the system freezes on me the minute I try to delete the event. It is a recurring event and I am only deleting that particular day. I will try to delete the entire series (since I am the one that created it to begin with!) :)

I couldn't see a pattern to it either. It may have dependencies that are not obvious.

I'll keep playing with it to see if I can get it to break. Thanks
jonejam2

Figured out MY problem with the disappearing content

Post by jonejam2 »

My problem was with the ability to set Monday as the first day of the week under SETTINGS - OPTIONS.

Verified that when I removed the "Make Monday the first day of the week" the problem cleared up. Reselected that option and went back to my calendar, and it disappeared again. I am able to duplicate this problem over and over.

I don't know if others are having the same kind of problem, but this worked for me. Guess I shouldn't be so weird and keep Sunday as the 1st day of week huh? :confused:
dtolputt

Post by dtolputt »

I thought I started a thread for this problem of Monday as the first day of the week. I figure someone has seen it. As of this moment it is still a problem.
jonejam2 wrote:My problem was with the ability to set Monday as the first day of the week under SETTINGS - OPTIONS.

Verified that when I removed the "Make Monday the first day of the week" the problem cleared up. Reselected that option and went back to my calendar, and it disappeared again. I am able to duplicate this problem over and over.

I don't know if others are having the same kind of problem, but this worked for me. Guess I shouldn't be so weird and keep Sunday as the 1st day of week huh? :confused:
gxwheel

Post by gxwheel »

Blank Calender - April 2012 . . . why oh, why is this happening?

I cannot determine what to change (selecting or de-selecting calenders, etc.) based on this post.

I have submitted this multiple times via the Feedback site. What now? Not to be overly negative, but this issue is extremely frustrating.
We are in the midst of rolling out the calender in our stake and members are constantly calling and asking me why this doesn't work.
Any help is extremely appreciated.

Return to “Calendar”