Administrator access lost

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
mbthomas

Administrator access lost

Post by mbthomas »

I did a calendar training for a ward today. During the course of the training we discovered that the person over the website actually had a custom calling in MLS. So the ward clerk got on the ward computer and change the calling in MLS to the "official" calling (it had the star). He still didn't have access. I discovered in the list of administrators on the calendar system that he was listed twice - once as the website administrator and also as the sunday school president. I deleted the sunday school president listing as a administrator. He still didn't have administrator access.

After the training I went to their MLS and verified that he is in as the "official" Website Administrator (has the star). As of 2pm (5 hours after the training) he couldn't do anything with the calendars - create, edit, nothing. I got on the CDOL website and he is indeed listed as the website administrator.

What can I do to troubleshoot the problem and figure out why he can't do anything with the calendars even though he is the website administrator?
chmsant

Post by chmsant »

mbthomas wrote:I did a calendar training for a ward today. During the course of the training we discovered that the person over the website actually had a custom calling in MLS. So the ward clerk got on the ward computer and change the calling in MLS to the "official" calling (it had the star). He still didn't have access. I discovered in the list of administrators on the calendar system that he was listed twice - once as the website administrator and also as the sunday school president. I deleted the sunday school president listing as a administrator. He still didn't have administrator access.

After the training I went to their MLS and verified that he is in as the "official" Website Administrator (has the star). As of 2pm (5 hours after the training) he couldn't do anything with the calendars - create, edit, nothing. I got on the CDOL website and he is indeed listed as the website administrator.

What can I do to troubleshoot the problem and figure out why he can't do anything with the calendars even though he is the website administrator?
It takes up to 72 hours (usually less) for the information from MLS to propagate through CDOL and then over to the Calendar and Directory servers. If he is still having issues by Wed, double check the calling in MLS once more and then call the service center.
Christopher S.
STS - Sacramento, CA (USA)
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

CDOL updates almost immediately after the MLS send/receive. Depending on when the update is made it is usually 24 hours or less on most applications that the role is updated. The data export from CDOL to the application is processed around 4 pm mountain time I believe. The person should have the role rights for the calendar at least by Tuesday morning if the update from MLS was made after 4 pm on Sunday.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
mbthomas

Post by mbthomas »

Thanks for the info. It looks like I just wasn't being patient. I got word that the rights changes did take effect today. Problem solved and another ward excited and on board for the new calendar system!

Return to “Calendar”