Not able to see events at another location where another stake is the agent stake

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
nathangg

Post by nathangg »

nathangg wrote:Following this side thread... since the Canterberry Ward is IN the Parker Colorado South Stake, couldn't you just give permission to the Parker Colorado South Stake and be done? I guess I don't understand why you'd explicitly list a ward if the ward's stake already has permission.

For example: for every location in your stake, have you explicitly given permission for each ward under the location? I thought you could just give the stake permission to schedule events there.

I'm sorry... I just read the help screens again... the listing under the location name is NOT a permissions list... it is used for reservations. OOPS!
nathangg

Post by nathangg »

We are still having this issue. Here is the most succinct way I can think of putting the problem:

We share a building in our stake with our neighboring stake and we are the external stake. There are numerous events scheduled at this building (see screenshot 1) but when I look at the location using the weekly view and the available locations filters, nothing comes up (see screenshot 2). I've already verified with the agent stake that they've added our entire stake to the location (see screenshot 3).

I'm afraid I'm out of ideas on how to fix this from our end. What would be the best way to escalate this?

Thanks~!

Update: I found that if the agent stake adds my ward (which is in the external stake) to the "Units that use this building" list, then the events show up for me.

So this seems to be the issue: when an external stake is given permissions to a location, the members in that stake don't automatically see events at that location, even though the external stake shows up in the "units that use this location" list.

Return to “Calendar”