Scheduling concerns for wards from two stakes sharing the same building.

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
gmsorensen7

Scheduling concerns for wards from two stakes sharing the same building.

Post by gmsorensen7 »

Our building has wards from two different stakes. When scheduling events on the calendar it does not always show events from the ward that is in the other stake. Is there someway to know what is being scheduled by the other ward, so that we do not have conflicts? Also is there a way to access information about the other ward's leadership, in case I need to contact them for scheduling concerns? I only have access to our ward and stake directory, but for the ward that is in another stake I am not able to access that information. :confused:
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

gmsorensen7 wrote:Our building has wards from two different stakes. When scheduling events on the calendar it does not always show events from the ward that is in the other stake. Is there someway to know what is being scheduled by the other ward, so that we do not have conflicts?
See Locations and resources shared by multiple stakes for more details on setting up calendars and locations properly in this scenario. Also, to view the events in this shared building, follow the instructions at View calendars of other wards.
gmsorensen7 wrote:Also is there a way to access information about the other ward's leadership, in case I need to contact them for scheduling concerns? I only have access to our ward and stake directory, but for the ward that is in another stake I am not able to access that information.
The bishopric and clerks can access CDOL to find information about leaders in wards and stakes throughout the Church. But that's fairly limited. I'd recommend that the building scheduler be given this contact information. It makes sense for the building scheduler to be the point of contact, since the building scheduler's contact information is available to all members when they click the down arrow to the right of the building name in the main calendar view (the Locations section at the bottom left corner).
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “Calendar”