Stake Calendar missing

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
ddevanss

Stake Calendar missing

Post by ddevanss »

We are missing our main stake calendar. I noticed it missing on Friday evening around 6pm.
tried calling the help desk and they were closed. Called today and they could not help me. because there are no programer willing to talk to me. I have to ask here in the forum. I need to know if the calendar was deleted and when or if there is a bug (new feature) in the calendar program. Can anyone help? Stake clerk Layton Uta Stake (502200)
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

If the calendar was accidentally deleted, then you should be able to go to Settings > Calendar and click on the Deleted Calendars link -- then you would see the calendar and be able to restore it.

Another accident that sometimes happen is that an administrator inadvertently recategorizes a stake calendar as a ward calendar; if that happened, then the calendar is probably in the state of awaiting approval by a ward-level administrator from whatever ward it was recategorized to.

Also, you didn't say where you looked to see that it is missing. If only you can't see it, then another possibility is that you somehow became unsubscribed from that calendar.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
ddevanss

Post by ddevanss »

This calendar has be up sense November 2011 all stake member have been subscript-ed and it is not in the deleted calendars, However you look at a reservation and the calendar name is still there. you would think the reservation would be deleted to and they are not. can a programmer look to see when it was deleted and if it can be restored.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

ddevanss wrote:This calendar has be up sense November 2011 all stake member have been subscript-ed and it is not in the deleted calendars, However you look at a reservation and the calendar name is still there. you would think the reservation would be deleted to and they are not. can a programmer look to see when it was deleted and if it can be restored.
Which leads me to believe that the stake calendar has accidentally become a ward calendar.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
ddevanss

Post by ddevanss »

I am the administrator on the ward calendar too and it is not there. Can anyone help me or do I need to create a new calendar and start over?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

ddevanss wrote:I am the administrator on the ward calendar too and it is not there.
Butt if it was accidentally changed to be a ward calendar, it would be on the ward calendar for the ward of the stake administrator who changed it. That probably wasn't you, so you might want to check with other wards.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
ddevanss

Post by ddevanss »

I will contact the admins at the wards to see if it show up in there ward. Thanks

Return to “Calendar”