Disappearing reservations

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
drcook345

Post by drcook345 »

Yep. Us too. We seem to have lost our reservations calendar, and we no longer seem to see a correlation between the reservations calendar and the main calendars. Are we supposed to move now to only using location scheduling?

-dc
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

See post #18. The bug is being worked on.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
rickk

Post by rickk »

Any update? Is the bug actually being worked on and is just a tough one, or is the bug "on the list" but higher priority issues are getting the time? I ask because we are one of the affected stakes, and my building schedulers would like some direction on what to do. They have requests coming in and are unable to see if there are conflicts. And yes, I know we are not using the scheduling system as intended, but that is what we have chosen to do for now. Thus this bug is a critical issue for us.
lesueur926

Post by lesueur926 »

rickk wrote:Any update? Is the bug actually being worked on and is just a tough one, or is the bug "on the list" but higher priority issues are getting the time? I ask because we are one of the affected stakes, and my building schedulers would like some direction on what to do. They have requests coming in and are unable to see if there are conflicts. And yes, I know we are not using the scheduling system as intended, but that is what we have chosen to do for now. Thus this bug is a critical issue for us.

I am the building scheduler in our Stake and we have chosen to funnel all requests through me (sounds like your approach too). So we had not checked the "Allow Wards and Stake to Schedule This Building" box. My reservations disappeared after the last update. As a temporary solution we checked the box (and assume no one will actually take advantage of it) and I can see the Reservations again. When the bug is fixed we will uncheck the box. Maybe that would work for your Stake.
rickk

Post by rickk »

Lesueur926,

Yes we are using it like you are. My only concern with your solution is "assuming that no one will actually take advantage of it". I expect that at least a few folks will see that scheduling is open and add events. Hopefully this will get fixed soon.

Rick
drallen1

Post by drallen1 »

We are having the same problems. I intend to try the check box solution, but only until I can copy down all of the missing reservations. Then we will uncheck the box again and hope that a solution is found soon.
rickk

Post by rickk »

One solution that I have considered and we are going to try is to create stake-level calendars for the building reservations instead of using the actual reservations system. If you intend to turn on stake/ward scheduling at some point, using the reservations makes sense. We weren't sure what we wanted to do, so we went ahead and used the reservations system when we switched to the new calendar. However, if you are going to maintain centralized scheduling, then the only advantage that the reservations have is that you can use the room tracking features. The disadvantage is that no one else can see the reservations unless they go to the week view. By using a calendar and giving the building schedulers edit permission (I have a calendar for each building), anyone in the stake can see what has been scheduled. We can track the rooms in the "description" section of the events. And you don't have to deal with low priority bugs because you are using the system outside of the way that the designers intended...

Rick
jdcr256
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jdcr256 »

This should be fixed now.
rickk

Post by rickk »

Looks like it is for me. Thank you! :-)

Rick
LesleyAnn

it has happened again...

Post by LesleyAnn »

The bug WAS fixed a week or so ago and all the calendar items were back up but this morning, there were no items on my clendar and at the bottom was the endless circle of doom. Any help or update on another bug? Thanks!

Return to “Calendar”