Disappearing reservations

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

"Week view" of the main calendar. (Not the Reservation calendar.) Then turn off all the "calendars" and just turn on the location of interest. (There will be check boxes next to the locations when you're in week view.)
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mfmohlma

Post by mfmohlma »

lesueur926 wrote:I sent a PM per the instructions to donaldlyoung.

The PM should be sent to jdcr256, a church employee with access to the database.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

lesueur926 wrote:I am having the same problem. I don't have any backup (I know, my problem) so I have no idea what to tell someone who wants to schedule the building for a baptism this Saturday. I sent a PM per the instructions to donaldlyoung. Is there anything else I can send you.

It appears you misunderstood the instructions. You need to send your header information to jdcr256. The user donaldlyoung is just another user experiencing the same problem as you.
lesueur926 wrote:Is there a way for you to access my reservation calendar today and somehow send me what is on there - at least for this month?

I don't know the answer to that.
lesueur926 wrote:Also, how would you suggest backing up the Reservations calendar? I could synch it with a google calendaar on my computer, but I believe the synche is only one direction.

Only events can be synced to a Google calendar -- not reservations. So that won't work for backing up your reservations.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
lesueur926

Post by lesueur926 »

RussellHltn wrote:I noticed that it appears that you are using "Reservations" to book a room for an event. That's a bad practice that could lead to double-booking. Only an event reliably blocks off a room to prevent anyone else from scheduling that location.

I am the only person with authority to schedule the building so double-bookng shouldn't occur. It appears our Stake input all of the events withoug specifying the location. A nd when I try to enter an event now, no locations are appearing fo choose from.D oes that mean we aren't set up properly. What is confusing is that everything was working fine untIl last week.
LesleyAnn

Post by LesleyAnn »

lesleyann wrote:I tried to go to week view, still nothing shows up! Help!

In the 'week view' of our main calendar it only shows actual events placed on our stake calendar which I do not do; our exec sec does that). In our stake only stake activities are allowed to be placed on that main calendar but since two wards meet in the stake center, I use the reservation calendar to reserve rooms for the wards activities plus any additional stake activities. The main calendar still shows all of its events; however, I need the reservation calendar to show me ALL room/resource reservations for both wards. Our stake still has the members call me directly to reserve rooms; wards are not reserving their own rooms at this point.

All of this being said, how can I get my reservation calendar back??
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

lesueur926 wrote:I am the only person with authority to schedule the building so double-bookng shouldn't occur.
The new system works quite differently then the old one.
  • Any calendar editor has the ability to schedule a location.
  • A reservation can be placed on top of a "conflicting" event
  • Anyone who has been granted "Building Scheduler" rights can place an event on top of a reservation/block without ever knowing it's there.
  • Any member of the extended Stake Presidency (including clerks) can grant themselves "Building Scheduler Rights"
Add it up and sooner or later, you're likely to end up with a double-booking. If you always use events to block off the building/rooms, then they are protected.

lesueur926 wrote:It appears our Stake input all of the events withoug specifying the location.
That needs to be fixed.

lesueur926 wrote:And when I try to enter an event now, no locations are appearing fo choose from.D oes that mean we aren't set up properly. What is confusing is that everything was working fine untIl last week.

No, it's not set up correctly. A default Stake Admin will need to fix the locations.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

lesleyann wrote:In the 'week view' of our main calendar it only shows actual events placed on our stake calenda

In week view if you check the boxes by one or more locations down in the "Available Locations" section, you will also see events on ward calendars and any reservations for the checked location(s). But it sounds like the wards don't have any events, and perhaps your reservations are not working right in your database now, so the location checkboxes might not make any difference right now.
lesleyann wrote:In our stake only stake activities are allowed to be placed on that main calendar but since two wards meet in the stake center, I use the reservation calendar to reserve rooms for the wards activities plus any additional stake activities. The main calendar still shows all of its events; however, I need the reservation calendar to show me ALL room/resource reservations for both wards. Our stake still has the members call me directly to reserve rooms; wards are not reserving their own rooms at this point.

Maybe it's just because I've come to appreciate all the great features of the calendar, but I'm having a hard time understanding how the wards can live with a situation where they have no events on their calendars. The calendar system is about far more than just booking rooms in a building. It allows for members to see events, get notified of changes, sync to mobile devices, and much more. Those wards don't get any of those benefits with the process you are using now.
lesleyann wrote:All of this being said, how can I get my reservation calendar back??

Communicating with jdcr256 as was suggested earlier seems to be your best bet.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
jdcr256
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jdcr256 »

To give an update on this bug. The reservations themselves, and the ability to add reservations, are still there. The problem is that the ability for building schedulers to see buildings and create reservations while the building is set to not schedule-able is currently broken.

In other words, the building scheduler should have access to see the building and create reservations while the "Allow wards and stakes to schedule this building" is unchecked, but that functionality is what is broken. Those of you who have chosen not to enable your buildings for scheduling, but allow the building schedulers to use the reservations calendar as a way of scheduling the building are the ones who are affected.

We are working on a fix and a plan to roll it up to production. I'll update when it is there.
suze

Can't see reservation calender at all

Post by suze »

I sent my info as requested earlier.
All I am getting is the reservation calender with nothing on it and the endless cycle at the bottom.
I cannot see any location.
I cannot see any of the reservations that are on there.

No-one can book the building through other calenders as our Bishop only wants us to us the one calender for all auxiliaries... so everyone has to contact me for booking.

I'd appreciate some help. Thanks. (as I go now to search my emails to update a hardcopy calender.lol.):)
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

suze wrote:I cannot see any of the reservations that are on there.

[Moderator Note: I moved this post to the existing thread that deals with this topic.]

As you can see in the post that immediately precedes your post, this problem has been identified and a fix is being worked on. You may want to subscribe to this thread so that you will be notified of updates.

Return to “Calendar”