Unable to schedule a room since V 2.0.6 upgrade

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
dshep2020

Post by dshep2020 »

I am also seeing this issue. Any time I try to schedule a room that overlaps an already existing event, with different rooms in the same location, I get the the eternal spinning wheel. If I schedule them so the times do not overlap, there is no issue. Overlapping times in same location, using different rooms = eternal spinning wheel.

Updated: The room that I am trying to schedule is the chapel. The room that is already scheduled IS a customer room (High Council Room).
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jdcr256 wrote:Ooh, here's another thought. If you can create events in some rooms, but not others, is the difference that one room is a custom room, and the other is a default room?

Yes, I was trying to book a custom room. The lds.org site seems to be down right this sec, so I can't test any further.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jdcr256
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jdcr256 »

Rats!! In my test environment I can create any combo of custom and default rooms without any problem, but in the prod calendar, I can reproduce the issue (and see the error in the logs) with any custom room.

Anyway, at least I know where in the code the problem is happening, just not what data is getting passed to cause it.

Thanks for all the great troubleshooting you guys did. I'll update when I have a fix.
veehb

Post by veehb »

I'm having the same problem this morning. I'm Stake Executive Secretary. I entered an event on a Sunday morning (HP Quorum Meeting) and forgot to select a location. The event was accepted and all looked OK. I went back into the calendar (Stake Activities Calendar) and added two locations, chapel and chapel overflow. When I selected "Update Event" I got the endless spinning wait box. I waited for about fifteen minutes and then aborted the page. I logged back in and the event was still there, but no location was selected.

I just tried it again and got the very same result. Been running in "wait mode" now for about 20 minutes.

I'm available now to work with someone to try to find this problem. Looks like it is in other units, but not all are having this problem.

If you want me help, contact me at veloyb@msn.com. I'm in the Bennion Utah East Stake.
veehb

Post by veehb »

I just went to another event that I calendered this morning, also on a Sunday. I had not entered the location for this event. I was successful in scheduling it for the High Council Room in our Stake Center. That one went in without a hitch and that location is now shown on the event. I went back and tried again to add the location to the event described above and had the same problem. It is possible that since one of the Wards located in the Stake Center has Sacrament Meeting at 9:00 and my event went from 7:00 AM to 8:30 AM that there is a conflict with that time slot for the chapel or over-flow??

But, there is a bug here that needs to be fixed. If there is a location or time conflict, then an error message needs to come up and not an endless wait.

Hope someone can find this as it seems to be in several other units. Let me know if I can help troubleshoot this.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

veehb wrote:It is possible that since one of the Wards located in the Stake Center has Sacrament Meeting at 9:00 and my event went from 7:00 AM to 8:30 AM that there is a conflict with that time slot for the chapel or over-flow??

You'd have to switch to week view and look at the location. So far, everyone reporting problems are reporting problems with "custom" rooms. All the rooms you've mentioned so far can be found in the "stock" list (but that doesn't necessarily mean it's not a custom room.)

So far, I think yours is the only report of the "eternal spinner" being from a conflict.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mnmpeterson

Post by mnmpeterson »

I'm getting the endless spinning circle while booking the Chapel at our Stake Center. It's not a custom room so that doesn't seem to be the issue in all cases.
I could create the event with no location. Then I tried editing the event to add the Chapel but it just hangs.
mnmpeterson

Post by mnmpeterson »

I could schedule a room at a different location and noticed it doesn't have any custom rooms. So maybe the problem is you can't schedule a room at a location that has any custom rooms.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

mnmpeterson wrote:I could schedule a room at a different location and noticed it doesn't have any custom rooms. So maybe the problem is you can't schedule a room at a location that has any custom rooms.
Unfortunately it's not that simple, and it's not as simple as I thought. I have locations with custom rooms, and I can schedule that location just fine as long as I stick with default rooms, but see the bug whenever I use a custom room.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
jdcr256
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jdcr256 »

Ok, I think we have the fix. The problem comes only when scheduling a custom room, or scheduling a default room when there is an event already scheduled in a custom room. On top of that, I think the problem will only happen when that custom room was created before the 2.0 upgrade. Which would explain the problem reproducing this in our test environment.

I'm going to see if I can get the fix into production asap.

Return to “Calendar”