Help me about this Problem

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
markverdera

Help me about this Problem

Post by markverdera »

Why is that, I am the Ward Executive Secretary in our Ward. It already appeared in the directory of our ward. but the settings in the calendar is not updating, I made a calandar but there is no approve button in my profile
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

You must be recorded as the Executive Secretary using a standard calling. Custom callings have no rights.

If you are recorded correctly, then you are a default approver. As a default approver, any calendars you create are automatically approved.

I have seen issues with creating calendars in that it appears nothing happens. You have to refresh to see the new calendar.

Hopefully one of those observations will help you.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

Also, make sure that the calendar you are creating is for the correct unit. As a ward executive secretary, you are a default administrator for ward calendars, and you can create calendars with no further approval. But for stake calendars, you are just like any other member of the stake -- any calendar you "create" is actually just a submitted request and will have to be approved by a stake calendar administrator.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
markverdera

Post by markverdera »

on sunday i will ask our ward clerk about this, if does not i will ask the stake president about my calling, because Our stake MLS has not been updated yet and I am also the Stake Executive Secretary.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

angelfly wrote:Why is that, I am the Ward Executive Secretary in our Ward. It already appeared in the directory of our ward. but the settings in the calendar is not updating, I made a calandar but there is no approve button in my profile
I'm a little slow getting to this, but for the record the problem is there were issues pushing changes from CDOL to the authorization system (see CDOL 3.0 Upgrade this weekend; no changes will be made to CDOL until Monday morning). So it makes sense that you saw the calling update, but the rights didn't follow as quickly as normal.

Return to “Calendar”