Calendar version 2.0.6 released... AGAIN!!

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
jdcr256
Church Employee
Church Employee

Calendar version 2.0.6 released... AGAIN!!

Post by jdcr256 »

Ok, we have released 2.0.6 again. When we released the first time, we caused an ugly bug that caused hard conflicts on resources that should not be conflicting. It took a while to iron out the issue, but it is fixed now. All the issues listed below for 2.0.6 are available again. Thanks for your patience and your help in reporting the original issue.

We have released version 2.0.6 of the Calendar application. This version is meant as another bug fix release, although it does contain one new feature enhancement that was scheduled for the 2.1 release.

2.0.6 includes the following changes:

- Added an 'Options' tab to the Settings page.
- Added an option to set Monday as the first day of the week (24-hour time is a more complex task that we are still working on).
- Added an option to set the setup/cleanup times of events to 'None', so you can choose to have one or the other.
- Building schedulers can no longer create multiple conflicting events during reservations.
- Importing all-day events through the Setup Wizard has been improved.
- Units that use buildings not assigned to their stake can now see the events in those buildings.
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

I changed the option from Sunday to Monday, but the main calendar fails to populate any events! Changing back to Sunday it populates OK. I did close and clear the cache. I'm using Chrome, but haven't had time to try IE9. The small side calendar however does show that events are booked.

Have just tried IE9, but get pop up message about data being temporarily unavailable. Please try later.
scote

Post by scote »

jdcr256 wrote:We have released version 2.0.6 of the Calendar application. ... Building schedulers can no longer create multiple conflicting events during reservations.

Hurrah! Thanks a ton!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Biggles wrote:I changed the option from Sunday to Monday, but the main calendar fails to populate any events! Changing back to Sunday it populates OK. I did close and clear the cache. I'm using Chrome, but haven't had time to try IE9. The small side calendar however does show that events are booked.

Have just tried IE9, but get pop up message about data being temporarily unavailable. Please try later.
Chrome works fine for me. IE9 causes an error when I toggle the checkbox, but it also works.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

RussellHltn wrote:Chrome works fine for me. IE9 causes an error when I toggle the checkbox, but it also works.
Tried it again just now, still got the same issues with both browsers! Must be a European thing. :-)
jdcr256
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jdcr256 »

Ok, the 2.0.6 release is back in production, after minor (that turned out to be major) complications. Take a look and let us know how we did.

Biggles, can you retry your issue and let me know how it goes. Hopefully it is not a "European thing", since that is part of the main audience the Monday feature was added for... :)
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

I can confirm that it now populates correctly :)

However, as an experiment, I went back to January, it didn't populate. Going back to December, it populated. :confused: You will be.:rolleyes:

I double checked by using the Sunday option again, it populated in January OK again, before going returning to the Monday option. Very strange indeed!

Many thanks for giving us the option to use Monday as our start of the week!
jdcr256
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jdcr256 »

Biggles, can you PM me your header information. You can get it by doing the following:

1. Log in to the calendar
2. Change the URL of your browser to https://www.lds.org/header
3. Copy the resulting page and send it to me

It's possible that there is a specific combination of events that breaks the javascript when Monday is the first day of the week. With your information, I can investigate.

Thanks for your good feedback.
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

Duly sent!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

It does seem to be event related. I can duplicate it for July, and only if I add events from one of three calendars. But I'll be darned if I can figure out the pattern. I did notice that only the month of July is affected - the "spill over" from June does display, but nothing in July or "preview" of Augest.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Calendar”