Stake Administrator vs Ward Administrator

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
techgy
Community Moderators

Stake Administrator vs Ward Administrator

Post by techgy »

I have been serving as the STS and Stake Web Site Administrator.
I am temporarily our ward Web Site Administrator, however, I have no priviledges.
The position has been properly entered into the ward MLS and a Send/Receive performed. The calling is showing up in the MLS Directory as well as the CDOL.

But, when I go to the calendar, the only access I have is for the stake calendars. I can only see one ward calendar and even though it's my ward, I have no access to edit.

Has anyone seen this and if so, what's the resolution? It almost seems like the stake web site administrator is taking precidence.
Have you read the Code of Conduct?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

It can take more than one day (but should never take more than two business days) for the new permissions related to your new calling to become effective in the calendar system. If you've waited that long, and still had no change in your permissions, then you might be right that the stake calling is essentially overriding the ward calling.

One option that could help with the calendar system is to ask one of the default ward administrators to add you by name as an administrator. You could also ask one of those ward administrators to see if you show up on the Administrator list under Settings > Administrators in the Calendar system.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

techgy wrote:Has anyone seen this and if so, what's the resolution? It almost seems like the stake web site administrator is taking precidence.
Darn, I've seen that before, but my Google-fu is failing me. I don't know as there was a resolution.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

aebrown wrote:It can take more than one day (but should never take more than two business days) for the new permissions related to your new calling to become effective in the calendar system. If you've waited that long, and still had no change in your permissions, then you might be right that the stake calling is essentially overriding the ward calling.

One option that could help with the calendar system is to ask one of the default ward administrators to add you by name as an administrator. You could also ask one of those ward administrators to see if you show up on the Administrator list under Settings > Administrators in the Calendar system.
That's a possibility. I'll give it another day and try again. However, I AM showing up in the MLS Directory and the CDOL in the proper assignment at the ward level. Hmmmm...Time will tell.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

techgy wrote:That's a possibility. I'll give it another day and try again. However, I AM showing up in the MLS Directory and the CDOL in the proper assignment at the ward level. Hmmmm...Time will tell.
Changes to CDOL and the Directory on lds.org happen within about 15 minutes, but permissions to web applications such as the Calendar are granted via a batch process that only happens once a day. So the fact that your information shows up on CDOL doesn't mean much unless you've waited at least a day from the time the calling was entered in MLS.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

I have not done the search to find the thread in which this was discussed some time ago to give the link. The problem is that a stake administrator position in the calendar system overrides a ward administrator position. The result is a person with both positions will only be able to exercise their stake administrator rights. Their ward administrator rights are overshadowed by the stake administrator rights. A Church employee explained this situation and that they are aware of it. No resolution or time frame was given then. This was back in time when calendar administrators were called approvers.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

jdlessley wrote:I have not done the search to find the thread in which this was discussed some time ago to give the link. The problem is that a stake administrator position in the calendar system overrides a ward administrator position. The result is a person with both positions will only be able to exercise their stake administrator rights. Their ward administrator rights are overshadowed by the stake administrator rights. A Church employee explained this situation and that they are aware of it. No resolution or time frame was given then. This was back in time when calendar administrators were called approvers.

I could be wrong but I believe this is the post you are referring to: https://tech.lds.org/forum/showthread.p ... #post70213

That post, however, was referring to the Leader and Clerk Resources application, not the calendar. I don't think the calendar has the same problem.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

OK, You're very likely right.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

After about 24 hours the situation was cleared up. I now have administrator at both the stake and my own ward level.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

RussellHltn wrote:Darn, I've seen that before, but my Google-fu is failing me. I don't know as there was a resolution.
There is a problem with-in clerk resources for this (see here), but that doesn't mean that it will fail here too.

Return to “Calendar”