Recurring Events and Daylight Savings Time

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
dobrichelovek

Recurring Events and Daylight Savings Time

Post by dobrichelovek »

I have events that start at the beginning of the year and go to the end of the year, for example Sacrament Meeting, which change back one hour starting on March 11th and correcting themselves on November 4th.

Preferred behavior would be that the even that was created on the calendar using a specific time-zone (with time-zone properties) would follow the same rules (apply the DST rules to the event also, within the DST window) as the calendar. This would mean that when I create an event and tie it to a specific calendar it would inherit the DST rules of the calendar.

Currently a recurring event for the year doesn't do this. I didn't see a thread about this yet, but it will affect many people in the U.S. in March. Are there plans to take care of this before then, and will they affect existing events that don't span the barrier of the DST change?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

There's two places to look: The time zone of the location, and the time zone settings of the affected computer. You might want to check those.

Since no one else is reporting that, I suspect it's something unique to your setup.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Calendar”