Give Stake the ability to create Events on Ward Calendars

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

RussellHltn wrote:
jdlessley wrote:Administrators have access to all unit calendars.
Am I missing something?
aebrown's assessment is correct. I was setting up my reason for not giving stake leaders administrator rights for ward calendars. And yes ward administrators only have access to all public calendars.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
manielsen2002

Post by manielsen2002 »

This sounds like a good solution to me, but I didn't think Stake leaders could see other ward calandars unless that is their home ward.

I know this is probably out of left field, but what about a calendar function that was position based rather than subscription based. Meaning I could have a single calendar for Youth. The Stake and the Ward could share the same calendar. The ward could specify Priest, Laurels, etc, etc and also a location/resource. The stake could specify the same in addition to the ward it belongs to.

This way you can still have subscriptions to many calendars as needed, but your subscription would also be filtered by your position (meaning your calling and your class, ie Elder, HP, RS, Priests, Laurels, et). Leaders of these organizations would see all data and advisors would see just thier class/group.

I know this is a wild idea, but maybe it will spur some other thoughts and ideas that would actually be realistic. I really like the new calendar system but it can become unmanagable quickly if thought it not taken up front to manage it.
manielsen2002

Post by manielsen2002 »

I don't see a problem with this myself, but if you want to leave control to the ward then that is fine. Suggest event work. What would be your concern with the stake being able to create events for the ward?

Return to “Calendar”