Default Calendar Editors

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
greglebaron

Default Calendar Editors

Post by greglebaron »

I am a building scheduler and a stake administrator with permissions to calendar items on the stake calendars. Having been the building scheduler under the old calendar program, people would call requesting that events be added to the calendar. Now, when they call, I direct them to somebody in their ward to schedule the event they are insterested in. I understand that when a calendar is generated, there are default calendar editors identified. The example in the help is that the ward clerk and executive secretary are automatically identified as calendar editors. As I am directing peole back to those who have ward scheduling/calendar privliges, who all are default editors for calendars? For example, I assume that the RS president is a calendar eidotr for RS calendars. What about her counselors? the RS secretary? Anybody else? The same question applys to the YM, YW, Primary, etc. calendars.

On a related note, is there a way that I can see what people in different clasifications (member, editors, scheduleers [this one I know], administrators) can see? Maybe "mock" set-ups for training purposes? This would help me tell them what they need to do to get events scheduled. For example, do they have an "Event" button like I do? Do they see the calendar the same way I do?

Thanks for your help, Greg
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

You can see the default editors here. All others must be added. Including adding the RS Presidency to the RS calendar.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

greglebaron wrote:I understand that when a calendar is generated, there are default calendar editors identified. The example in the help is that the ward clerk and executive secretary are automatically identified as calendar editors.

That's not quite right. The ward clerk and executive secretary are calendar administrators, who are by default calendar editors for all public calendars. They are not listed as calendar editors for any public calendars that are created, since their role as administrators makes them editors without being designated as editors explicitly.
greglebaron wrote:As I am directing peole back to those who have ward scheduling/calendar privliges, who all are default editors for calendars? For example, I assume that the RS president is a calendar eidotr for RS calendars. What about her counselors? the RS secretary? Anybody else? The same question applys to the YM, YW, Primary, etc. calendars.

You're speaking here of calendars that are created using the Calendar Setup & Import tool. That is typically used to create calendars when you first start using the new Calendar. That tool will indeed create calendars with appropriate editors which are generally the entire presidency of the auxiliary (including secretary), as described in Set up calendars and migrate events. So the RS calendar created by the Setup & Import tool will have as editors the RS president, both counselors, and the secretary.
greglebaron wrote:On a related note, is there a way that I can see what people in different clasifications (member, editors, scheduleers [this one I know], administrators) can see? Maybe "mock" set-ups for training purposes? This would help me tell them what they need to do to get events scheduled. For example, do they have an "Event" button like I do? Do they see the calendar the same way I do?

There is no such capability currently, but it would indeed be helpful.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “Calendar”