Former Member Still Receiving Calendar Reminders

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
craiggsmith

Post by craiggsmith »

Just had one of these today. I've asked her to log in; we'll see how it goes.

But is there any other solution? I guess the subscriptions are based on static calendar-specific information and not live directory information. This doesn't seem ideal; what are the drivers behind it?
Craig
South Jordan, UT
lisaan
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by lisaan »

Calendar maintains its own database of user preferences and selections. Until you login to lds.org and go to Calendar we don't know that we should run out to the other membership databases and update your information.
QA Engineer
craiggsmith

Post by craiggsmith »

I was just wondering why it was designed this way and if it could be done differently. Just something to think about. Thanks.
Craig
South Jordan, UT
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

LisaAn wrote:Calendar maintains its own database of user preferences and selections. Until you login to lds.org and go to Calendar we don't know that we should run out to the other membership databases and update your information.
This works well when there is no messaging involved. We see reported numerous times in the forums that waiting for members to sign into the system after they have moved is not a user friendly method of maintaining user loyalty or trust of the system.

Can't the other membership databases trigger a change notice to Calendar when a member moves?
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
jhowell2000

Post by jhowell2000 »

LisaAn wrote:Was she added to these calendars via her calling or by her name? If she was added by her name I'm thinking that may be why she's still getting emails. Thanks.

To my knowledge she was not a calendar editor so she wasn't added by name or calling, she was just a member who had subscribed to the calendar (probably automatically when the calendar was created).
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jhowell2000 wrote:To my knowledge she was not a calendar editor so she wasn't added by name or calling, she was just a member who had subscribed to the calendar (probably automatically when the calendar was created).

Can you check the calendar in question and ask around? Just to be sure? I find it interesting that this complaint isn't more widespread.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jhowell2000

Post by jhowell2000 »

RussellHltn wrote:Can you check the calendar in question and ask around? Just to be sure? I find it interesting that this complaint isn't more widespread.
She is just receiving notifications for events even after she moved, I didn't think that was different from what has been previously reported by others. I was just trying to narrow down what was causing it. She receives notices for events created before she moved not for events created after she moved. She was not added as an editor to any calendar, stake or ward, when she lived in our ward. She is just a ward member subscribed to calendars.

Return to “Calendar”