Former Member Still Receiving Calendar Reminders

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

tfb47 wrote:Thanks. She is in the directory and has been since Sep 2011. I got her to log in tonight so we'll wait to see if that fixes it as it said in post 11

The key seems to be to log in to the actual calendar site at lds.org as mentioned in post #11. In addition to the member I helped (post #13), I have since asked three others do the same thing (actually log in to the calendar at the site. In each of the three cases it has solved the problem.
Gettinsorted

still having problems

Post by Gettinsorted »

We are still having problems with previous members getting calendar reminders. Some have been getting them for over a year--but just barely told me. I asked other friends who have moved and some are and some aren't. Even ones who use the calendar in their new wards are still getting the emails. Any new suggestions?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Gettinsorted wrote:We are still having problems with previous members getting calendar reminders. . . .
Any new suggestions?

If members have actually gone to LDS.org after their move and signed in to the site, then still receive old calendar reminders, I see no other option than to have them, with their clerk, contact Local Unit Support and seek further direction.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

lajackson wrote:If members have actually gone to LDS.org after their move

More specifically, once they have gone into the NEW calendar page (not classic) ....
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jhowell2000

Post by jhowell2000 »

There are several threads about this problem so I wasn't sure where to post this observation, but I have found a member that just recently moved from our ward/stake (July 2012) receives e-mail notifications from repeating events created before the move, but events created after she moved do not send events. For example, an Elders quorum repeating event of a monthly meeting created pre-July 2012 sends a reminder each month that she has received (July, August, September & October) but a different Elders quorum event created in September with an e-mail reminder selected did not trigger an e-mail to her account (e-mail did go out to our current ward members). This person has logged on to her new ward and subscribed to her current wards calendars.

Just thought I would add this to the mix as it is still a problem when people change wards/stakes.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jhowell2000 wrote:This person has logged on to her new ward and subscribed to her current wards calendars.

And this person continues to receive emails from her old ward?

Is this only for repeating events, or are they only the most common that fit the pattern?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jhowell2000

Post by jhowell2000 »

It seems to be for repeating events created before she moved. She tells me she is receiving reminders for events on our ward's Elders Quorum calendar (only event on this calendar is a repeating event for a monthly meeting created before she moved). Events created after she has moved she does not receive.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jhowell2000 wrote:It seems to be for repeating events created before she moved. She tells me she is receiving reminders for events on our ward's Elders Quorum calendar (only event on this calendar is a repeating event for a monthly meeting created before she moved). Events created after she has moved she does not receive.

Interesting. I'll forward that to the developers.

lisaan
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by lisaan »

Was she added to these calendars via her calling or by her name? If she was added by her name I'm thinking that may be why she's still getting emails. Thanks.
QA Engineer
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

LisaAn wrote:Was she added to these calendars via her calling or by her name? If she was added by her name I'm thinking that may be why she's still getting emails. Thanks.

That's assuming she was a calendar editor. But that is a good question.

Return to “Calendar”