Cultural Hall Scheduling Issue

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
cfsims

Cultural Hall Scheduling Issue

Post by cfsims »

I have always assumed that scheduling the cultural hall also included the "cultural hall front overflow" and the "cultural hall back overflow". However, a recent incident exposed the fact that this isn't so. A ward had scheduled a New Beginnings event that needed the entire cultural hall so they selected "cultural hall" in the room list. Without realizing there was a conflict, I scheduled a stake meeting in the "cultural hall front overflow". Is there a way to have the "cultural hall front overflow" and "cultural hall back overflow" automatically selected when "cultural hall" is selected?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Cultural Hall Scheduling Issue

Post by russellhltn »

No. It's up to the person scheduling to make sure they check off all the rooms used.

When you're scheduling, it's also wise to check on what else is going on in the building. If the cultural hall had been used for something like a YM basketball game, you'd have another kind of conflict even if they aren't trying to use the same room at the same time.

That's one of the reasons I usually see funerals scheduled to use "entire facility".
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

Do you mean that the cultural hall can be split into two parts and those are the "cultural hall front overflow" and the "cultural hall back overflow" in your building? If so it sounds like the stake clerk needs to adjust the rooms in the building because each room should not overlap. Either they will need to remove the cultural hall as a room and leave the two halves, or remove the halves leaving just the single room.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I've seen some chapels where the overflow has two sections between the chapel and the cultural hall. I assume that's what's being talked about here. I did look and verify that those are both "standard" rooms and not a custom name.

However, it would be an unusual event that has the whole cultural all and the overflow.

But you're right - there should never be different names for the same room.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Calendar”