LDS.org calendar not sending email updates

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
ethzmoos

Re: LDS.org calendar not sending email updates

Post by ethzmoos »

Our ward calendar notifications are also not working for about 2-3 weeks now. Last time this happened they just started working again after a month or 2
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

kadefreitas wrote:It seems a shame that after months of encouraging sisters to have a correct email address in their accounts that we are now having to go back to emailing with a long list of email addresses that will certainly miss many due to changes, moves etc.
You could teach them about LDS Tools and how to use the Sync URL on the calendar to place events into their personal calendar.

Just from my own personal perspective, I'd be turning off email notifications if someone kept sending emails for everything on the calendar. Some people may like notifications, but it can alienate others.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

kadefreitas wrote:We cannot get any RS events to send email notifications. It worked once a few months ago and now nothing. I have checked subscriptions and settings in the calendar options and all appears to be correct for my account.

What else can I do to identify the problem?
The problem has been identified and will hopefully be fixed soon. See this post.
mparkins

Post by mparkins »

I am still having problems sending email notifications. Any update on when this will be fixed?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

mparkins wrote:I am still having problems sending email notifications. Any update on when this will be fixed?
The last update I've heard is the one I linked to in the post just before yours: a Church employee said "we hope to have it addressed during this month (April)." It's still April, so the hoped-for release date has not yet passed.
mparkins

Post by mparkins »

Clearly. But since three weeks have passed since both the original post and yours I hoped we might have more information.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

It's April for another week. So they still have time to make their target. This thread is 18 months old, so there doesn't seem to be any urgency to it.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mparkins

Post by mparkins »

Right. But they have thought that they have fixed it multiple times. In my case it didn't work for a couple of months in that time, then worked again until mid-March. Hopefully this will be the one that finally works.
mparkins

Post by mparkins »

OK, now that it's May and it still doesn't work can I ask if there's an update on the progress?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

mparkins wrote:OK, now that it's May and it still doesn't work can I ask if there's an update on the progress?
You can ask, but the participation of Church employees in the forum is rather sporadic, so there's no guarantee anyone in the know will see your post soon (or ever). This isn't the official communications channel. The official channel is to use the Feedback link, but that can take a while to get a response. And of course, the the message was simply that the developers "hoped" to deliver a fix in April; that was always approximate and subject to changing priorities.

Return to “Calendar”