Calendar scheduling event for 11pm day before intended date

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
davidrichey

Re: Calendar scheduling event for 11pm day before intended d

Post by davidrichey »

davidrichey wrote:One other piece of information that I did not realize until yesterday. If I do a repeating event, the error does not occur. If it is a single event, it does occur. Whatever that means. I am just living with it for now.
I was wrong about repeating events. It happens even with repeating events.
CrockettDR
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by CrockettDR »

We found the problem causing this, a bug introduced about two weeks ago. We will provide the fix on about April 16 once our general conference limit change period is over and we can change systems again. In the mean time, I believe after you create the event, you can edit the event and fix the time.
davidrichey

Post by davidrichey »

Thank you very much.
davidrichey

Post by davidrichey »

As promised, it was fixed on April 16. Many thanks.
chris_hazeldine

Post by chris_hazeldine »

Seems like the problem I am seeing is similar but different. Trying to change an event from All Day to the specific time, now it is known. Each time I change the time and save the event shows as All Day based on shading, but with 7pm showing in brackets. When I hover over and click it says the event is 12am May 15th -11:59pm May 16th however when I edit the event it shows start and end on May 15th.

Nothing I do seems to make it stick correctly.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

chris_hazeldine wrote:Seems like the problem I am seeing is similar but different. Trying to change an event from All Day to the specific time, now it is known. Each time I change the time and save the event shows as All Day based on shading, but with 7pm showing in brackets. When I hover over and click it says the event is 12am May 15th -11:59pm May 16th however when I edit the event it shows start and end on May 15th.
Screen shots?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
chris_hazeldine

MS Youth Dance.png
MS Youth Dance.png (31.15 KiB) Viewed 1298 times
Attached, it had vanished from the last time I made the change but had to apply a time to a Youth Dance now I have the poster and did it to me again. When I made the change and saved it looked ok but then moving to another month and back it shows as I advised in my post.
chris_hazeldine

Wondering if there is anything on the radar to resolve all this funny calendar behavior?

Again having trouble entering events, attached are screen shots for the following:

1. Enter All Day Event entry - Primary Presentation - Ellenbrook (29-Nov-15)
2. Change calendar to another month then come back to November - now entry spans 29-Nov and 30-Nov (image 1)
1 - Calendar Display.png
1 - Calendar Display.png (30.73 KiB) Viewed 1225 times
3. Edit and change back to 29-Nov-15 start and finish (image 2)
2 - Edit Date.png
(10.82 KiB) Not downloaded yet
4. Again shows correctly in Calendar (image 3)
3 - Display Good.png
3 - Display Good.png (6.22 KiB) Viewed 1225 times
5. Jump to October and back - now entry again spans 29-Nov and 30-Nov (image 4)
4 - Page Refresh.png
4 - Page Refresh.png (5.71 KiB) Viewed 1225 times
Time Zone GMT+8 - Perth Australia, latest Chrome Browser
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

chris_hazeldine wrote:Wondering if there is anything on the radar to resolve all this funny calendar behavior?
I honestly have come to the belief that they do not know what is happening or how to fix it. If not that, then they are swamped with other priorities.

Daylight Saving Time ends in the U.S. on the first Sunday in November. Although that should have nothing to do with events at your location, it appears that the DST bug has struck again. We see this twice a year like clockwork. [sorry -- smile]

It must have something to do with the way the Calendar handles time zones and DST changes, and it appears to be an equal opportunity glitch that affects calendars worldwide.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

lajackson wrote:, and it appears to be an equal opportunity glitch that affects calendars worldwide.
Only if your location observes DST. :)
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Calendar”