v2.7: Website administrator lost admin permissions

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
RBeatse

v2.7: Website administrator lost admin permissions

Post by RBeatse »

I have lost the ability to add events to any of my Ward's calendars. I checked and I am still listed as a Calendar Administrator with my calling as Website Administrator. In the past, that calling, by default, had access to all Ward calendars. Did that change? Does that have to be added to each individual calendar now?
jeffevannelson
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: v2.7: Website administrator lost admin permissions

Post by jeffevannelson »

Website admins have not been administrators of the calendar for over a year. But if your ward wants them to be then they can add that calling as a admin. A clerk can do it for you.
RBeatse

Post by RBeatse »

Well, somehow I always have been and even so, this can be closed. It is working now. Probably user error.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jeffevannelson wrote:Website admins have not been administrators of the calendar for over a year.
If that is the case, Roles and Responsibilities in Help Center needs to be updated.

Odd that I haven't heard of that until now. I would have expected a number of posts from ex-Admins.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
RBeatse

Post by RBeatse »

If it helps, when I wrote the original post, I was using my iPad and the drop down does not show a scroll bar so all I saw was the three building calendars (which I don't like) and one Stake calendar. I found, later, that I could swipe that screen and see the rest but there was nothing intuitively telling me there was more there to see.

On my laptop, when doing the same function, there was a normal scroll bar and so I could tell there was more that was available.

Either way, I do have access to the calendars as a Website Admin without needing to be physically added to all of the calendars, contrary to the above post about not having that access for over a year.
jokamura

Post by jokamura »

Earlier this year (when I had the standard calling of Website Administrator) I also had default admin rights. So unless that changed after say February or around, then I think Website Administrators still have access, which IMO is how it should be.

In my case, I've been added in as an administrator and the only thing that I see different is the ability to add other administrators. Which is helpful at times.

Anywho, I hope Website Administrators retain their default admin status as more often than not, they are the only ones who administer to the online tools.
"Accept what you can't change, and change what you can't accept, but know the difference between the two."
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

The problem with the calling of Website Administrator is that it opens up access to many tools at once. That may be fine for some units, but not so good if the leaders only want to call someone to upload photos to the directory.

Since the calendar allows admins to be called in-app, it might have been decided to remove Website Administrator as a default admin. But I see no evidence that it was ever implemented.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jokamura

Post by jokamura »

Ultimately, I would like it broken down into several callings such as, Newsletter Administrator, Calendar Administrator, Directory Administrator, etc...with Website Administrator having access to all the tools. This would allow those units who do not wish everyone to have access to the tools to be regulated.

I wonder how hard it is to create more standard callings of this nature...especially since the Church is pushing technology forward.
"Accept what you can't change, and change what you can't accept, but know the difference between the two."

Return to “Calendar”