Finger Friendly Scripture App for Windows Mobile?

Discussions around Mobile Development
kennethjorgensen
Community Moderators

Post by kennethjorgensen »

nerdherd wrote:I've looked at that several times before but the complexity of it just overwhelms me. I'm a beginning programmer, and the coding to make those controls work appears to be a little beyond me...but if you have any simple apps that show how to use the controls I'd love to take a look at them. I don't think a scripture reader needs to be complicated (at least in its initial release...), just a simple XML reader basically.
All I can say at the moment would be the same as what Mike has said here

A lot of "behind the scene" progress has taken place while this thread has been alive and much more progress will happen in the future.

http://tech.lds.org/forum/showpost.php?p=35714&postcount=2
nerdherd-p40

Post by nerdherd-p40 »

Awesome! I'm glad to hear that. Hopefully it'll be soon!
brandencash

Post by brandencash »

I'd be interested in this too. I am pretty new to the programming scene, especially C#, I was using VB.Net, but found the C# is more common...especially with these mobile apps. I had tried starting my own app already, but I am struggling with the kinetic scrolling, and because of that haven't gone past that much. I have tried the KListScroll thing and it sort of works, but when you tap the background goes gray and then it doesn't work very well. As for fluid, it is not very clear to me how to implement it. But I am glad I found this thread, I was beginning to wonder if there was anyone else out there who cared for a finger friendly scripture app.

Return to “Mobile Development”