New App or new LDS tools feature request: Youth Activity Permission communicator

jamesarnellgale

New App or new LDS tools feature request: Youth Activity Permission communicator

Post by jamesarnellgale »

According to Handbook 2 there are a number of reasons to ask for parental permission.

13.6.24 ... When a Church activity for youth involves travel outside the local vicinity or staying overnight, parents should give written permission for their children to participate (see 13.6.13). Responsible adult supervision must be provided (see 13.6.2).

I have been in the Young Men's organization for a few years and asking parents to fill out and sign a new parental permission form takes time and lots of moving papers around and hoping the kids don't lose them in between.

I would like to see either a new app or new feature added to LDS tools. I would like to be able to send out requests for permission to the parents of youth that are invited to the activity. They can fill out the fields and reuse or update information from previous events and I'll get a notification that permission when they approve or deny the request.

This could also apply for medical forms needed for overnight stays we have to keep on hand during youth conference or multi-day camps. I know the Young women's organization has also expressed interest in this request.

I know not all parents will have the lds tools app or smart phones. The feature would be useful on lds.org applications as well. I hope that this convenience will encourage parents and leaders to use the apps and tools to manage parental permission communications so we can spend more time with our families.

Thank you for considering my suggestion.

-James
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: New App or new LDS tools feature request: Youth Activity Permission communicator

Post by jdlessley »

The Tech Forum is user-to-user support. There is little chance those who can consider changes to apps or create new apps will see such requests. There are official means to make these suggestions. For changes to existing apps use the in app feedback located in Help > Contact Us. The another option is to use the feedback link found on many ChurchofJesusChrist.org pages. And yet another option is to send requests up the Priesthood chain through your bishop, stake president, area authority, and so on.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Mobile Applications”