FIR App

drepouille

FIR App

Post by drepouille »

The FIR app is no longer working on my Android phone. Before and after I reinstalled the app, I still get a constant message: "Unable to sign in. Please try again."

Not a big loss. I always preferred to use the web site rather than the app.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
davesudweeks

Re: FIR App

Post by davesudweeks »

We have been struggling to get the church website to display the login at the top (both on my wife's laptop and on my tablet). It seemed to work OK on my desktop computer, but while looking up a phone number I got a "Sorry something went wrong, please try again later" error. I wonder if there are some server issues going on today that have impacted the FIR app.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

FIR seems to be working for me. What version are you using? For a long time, the app seemed to be nothing more than a shortcut to the web page. But in the last month or so, it's become a true app. I agree, the web page is better in a number of ways.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

FIR app version .0.2 (30241.8) updated on Apr 16, 2019. I am running Android 7.0.

When I start the FIR app, it displays the main screen, and then immediately flips to the login screen, which will not accept my login credentials.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I'm running the same version on Android 9. It asks me for my pin. (grumble, grumble) But after that, it's fine.

I did notice that yesterday evening, the logins were not working at all. It might be some fall out from that.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

It looks like my FIR app is able to login again. Perhaps domain changes are affecting SSO authentications or something.
deelj52lds

Post by deelj52lds »

Can not log in to FIR app on iPhone.
Says I am not recognized or do not have access.
My user name and password work fine on lds.org

Just called as Ward Bldg Coordinator. Needed supplies. Told by Stake to use FIR app. ?!??
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

deelj52lds wrote:Just called as Ward Bldg Coordinator. Needed supplies. Told by Stake to use FIR app. ?!??
Check with the clerk and make sure you're recorded as "Ward Building Representative" as a "standard position". Custom callings do not confer any rights.

Also, it can take up to 24 hours after the calling is recorded before it becomes effective.

The last step it to makes sure the Member Record Number (MRN) matches between the individual that holds the calling and the MRN on your LDS Account.

nateegan

Post by nateegan »

Feature ideas I would like to see added to FIR is the ability to comment on an existing FIR that is open and allow the ability to cancel one if the problem is resolved before they address it. I would also like to see them add the ability to re-open closed or canceled ones if a same problem resurfaces within a month after the status was changed. I would like them to require that a comment must be entered in the resolution field in order to close or cancel a FIR Ticket (One FM group I work with just closes them without knowing what they did, if they even addressed it & it would make for some accountability.) Lastly, I would like to see it send out an e-mail asking for a survey response on the work order so you can rate it and add comments. (Be able to say thanks or can add feedback when they contracted something out you could comment that they left a mess behind the area they worked on etc.)
stevecline

Post by stevecline »

I love nateegan's suggestions. Is there a way to pass these to the development team?

Return to “Mobile Applications”